TJMaxx / customer service

1 Chelmsford, MA, United States Review updated:

I was just in the Tjmaxx in Chelmsford the other day. I have always shopped at tjmaxx since i was a little girl. I was trying to buy a sweater and it seemed like the sweater was missing a markdown. The month on the tag was 07 meaning July yet it had only had one markdown. I went to the service desk to ask one of the associates if they could check it in the computer and they refused. So i had requested to speak to a manger and the assciote said that he was busy and would take a long time to get up here to help me! i told him iwould wait, and i did until he came up. I asked him the same question and he refused to check it! i told him i knew it was less money and he said unless you have the same exact shirt (which there was none because it came out in JULY) then he couldnt mark it down! i was disgusted in his attitude and answer and went out of the store extremely mad and confused! im not going to buy a shirt that i know is marked down ! its the company's own damn fault its not marked down to what its supposed to be ! ! ! ! I HATE TJMAXX IN CHELMSFORD ! ! ! ! !

St

Comments

19th of Feb, 2009

Hey,

I work at TJ Maxx, and usually am up at the Service Desk.

Honestly, we have specific dates for markdowns and subsequents (subs as we call them), and upon these days, we're allowed to check for markdowns or subs. If not, most of us, cannot check for a markdowns or subs without a manager being present.

It can be very stressful for us up there, having to worry about customer complaints, constantly asking for markdowns, discounts, speaking with a manager, making sure breaks are on time, if we have any one else to ring on a register...

A THOUSAND RETURNS A DAY, it gets quite hectic for us up there.

All I ask is, I know I read that most, or nearly all complaints are about TJ Maxx and their associates. But until you put yourselves in our shoes, I just wish you would have the common courtesy to respect us.

If you are nice to us, we will treat you the same! =) Especially myself, I try to make a nice convo, but some people are grouchy and inconsiderate, you know?

But honestly, the next sub would have been close to two or three dollars off. And people return just TWO dollars, it gets annoying. Or if they sit there and complain why they have to get store credit back, it's very.. very tedious.

Sorry if I come off angry, this is just a lot of locked up anger and disgust for people. Lol, anyway, thanks for reading!

• Am
      7th of Jun, 2009

If it does not have a sticker, and there's nothing else like it in the store, it's priced as marked until the next cycle. The next markdown would have been just 5 dollars, 2 dollars less than 7, which is already a very low price for a sweater. Not to mention that month codes do not always match up with the month of the year, and not all items are marked down at the same time despite the month code.

It's unreasonable to expect that all items have the markdown they would have if they went through every cycle, many items that have a markdown on them are returned, and they are generally put back with whatever price they were sold at. Checking a subsequent markdown takes a lot longer for the manager to go into the computers to check. For associates to do this with every clearance item returned would be a waste of time. Many old items are not even in the system and cannot be checked for another markdown, and if someone will buy it at the marked price, there is no reason to mark it down when there is nothing wrong with it.

1st of Oct, 2009

i am already sick of the fashionista, maxonista commercials. Who thought them up?

1st of Oct, 2009

i also work for tjmaxx and I can check whether the item has been marker down in less than the couple minutes it takes me to log onto the markdown look up. A mgr is paged to the office to do a price look up. even if I am the only acting mgr in the bldg, i can have the price in 2 minutes.. Complain to corp...

1st of Oct, 2009

the service desk person mark??? obviously doesn't know how to do a markdown look up @ the service desk which will always give the 1st mark down whether subs or initials are open or closed

1st of Oct, 2009

Service desk associates that won't take the time to call a manager or do a look up are liars that don't have the right attitude for customer service

• Tj
      18th of Feb, 2010

1. Markdown look up is blocked in our store (High Shrink Target)
    2. Items are priced based on how long they been in the store, they can't be marked down at someone's house.
    3. I just scan the item in any menu and say "No, sorry it's not marked down (or the color, or the month, the style, it returned, system is down etc.)" in the most polite and apologetic way.
    4. When people hear the truth they get upset, when you kiss their ###... they love you still. Or Bad Cop/Good Cop games with manager.

• Vi
      17th of Jun, 2010

Pretty sure the customer sucks in this scenario. Get over it, you idiot. Pay the extra $10 if you need the damn thing so much. And what relevance does your "I've shopped there ever since I was a little girl" nostalgia bunk contribute to the story? Consumers are such jack-[censor] these days. Go get some real problems.

waaaa waaaaaaaaaa (Debbie Downer trumpet sound)

• Jl
      28th of Aug, 2011

yeahh get a real ###ing problem lady. if you know more than we do, why don't u get a job there?? you couldn't handle it.

• St
      3rd of Jan, 2016

i have a tj maxx credit card i pay my bills on time but they are slow posting the payments so they cut off my use of the card