TJ Maxx / poor business practices

If you, like me, are one of the hundreds of thousands of people whose credit/debit card was breached and cancelled because of TJ Maxx's lack of security, then get mad.

Read the condescending letter from their CEO on the TJ Maxx website, and it may just provoke you to do some real complaining.

TJ Maxx has passed this serious matter off to banks to handle. Some banks are cancelling and reissuing cards and some are just saying to 'watch your account for activity'. Either way, someone other than TJ Maxx is paying for the situation. Reissuing credit/debit cards is costly for the banks especially when it numbers hundreds or thousands. We as customers will end up paying for it. TJ Maxx won't. NOT UNLESS, you boycott them.

I've set foot for the last time in any of their stores because I've learned the hard way that a discount store uses discount security measures.

Why shouldn't their stock suffer? Why shouldn't their sales suffer? Buying at TJ Maxx only condones the poor business practices that they adhere to day in and day out. The breach has gone on for months, and consumers are just now finding out, and some of us the hard way. TJ Maxx has offered nothing to effected customers other than their pitiful attempt at a letter on their website. Try phoning them. There are operators who will take your call, but the conversation is scripted and the ears deaf to your problems.

Do you want to do business with a company like that? I don't.

• Carolyn V Dunn's Response, Oct 16, 2018

I'm very disappointed with this online service.

Va

Comments

• Am
      1st of Mar, 2007

You are so stupid. TJ Maxx would do stuff with the credit cards if they had the chance too. The company cannot re issue your card only your bank can. That is not your fault. If everyone boycotts TJ Maxx Millions of People will loose their jobs all around the country because they will not have enough money to keep employees and their doors open. This is not the correct way to handle the situation. Whatever you were thinking was way wrong and you should be ashamed of what you put out there and what you might have risked millions of people. I didn't go to your work when you had a situation happen and then tell everyone to boycott it. This is peoples lives you are affecting not just a company's income.

8th of Aug, 2008

just to let ya know i work for tjx, they just discovered that it wasnt just them, the same people did it to barnes and nobles and so many other stores. so dont go blaming people when you dont even know the whole story. this will hit the news pretty soon its deeper than they thought. there was nothing wrong with our security, its your banks and credit card companies that require us and all other stores to keep that info, when they should be.

• Ga
      12th of Apr, 2009

Vikki, are you for real with this???? Before you start climbing on the soap box climb down off the cross or you are going to hurt yourself. My card was compromised and it cost me nothing out of my pocket and the cost of the bank, the bank where I work I might add, merely $1.27 to reissue my card. As for your concern about the other expenses your bank my incur reimbursing you for the fraudelent charges, TJ Maxx is picking up the tab for that as well. However, they could not just start sending a personal check to your house as you would like, they waited for the banks to report the final losses due to the intrusion and then paid the full amount of the loss incurred by the banks. In addition, they paid millions in fines to the federal trade commission and also offered a special shopping day to the entire country and gave them 10% off their purchase, may not sound like much, but if everyone took advantage of that it is quite a chunk of change. TJ Maxx has and still is paying the dues for the intrusion. I think you forget they were the victims of a crime, they did not freely give this information away. I hope if someone ever breaks into your computer and steals your information you remember how you criticized TJ Maxx and I hope when you file that police report they chastise you instead of recognizing you as a victim, the shoe will probably not feel so good then.

For the record, the intrusion was not only TJ Maxx, it was through another credit card company the intrusion occurred. Next time you get all dramatic on your cross, at least get all of your facts so you don't come across as a babbling idiot and maybe someone will take you serious.

Did you gain what you had hoped from this experience? Did you take sales away from TJ Maxx? Do you feel like a better person now?

7th of Jun, 2009

Hackers cracked the WEP security placed on a Marshall's internal WiFi network. The WEP code is easily cracked and should have been upgraded to a more secure standard. However, the crime was committed by individuals, not by the corporation.

• Rj
      15th of Aug, 2018
    TJX / T.J. Maxx - Unethical behavior
    620 6th Avenue

I am complaining about the TJ Maxx at 620 6th Avenue. You are rude especially because you do not know how to treat your employees. You are misleading to your employees.

• El
      15th of Aug, 2018
    TJX / T.J. Maxx - RE: Hi there secure
    NashuaDW Highway

Why is your DW Highway store Nashua NH hiring staff so incompetent?????

• Ot
      29th of Aug, 2018
    TJMaxx - Management
    Brooklyn
    Connecticut

Working at Tjmaxx for 2 years has turned out to be the worst job ever. Management don't give a darn about you and only act as if when they need to use you. They never have your back even when you are right. Their only concern is how many tjx cards you can get. Maybe I don't feel like ruining people's credit.Shame on you TJmaxx.Respect associates

• De
      15th of Oct, 2018
    TJX / T.J. Maxx - Service
    Doral
    Florida

Even though they have many "Now hiring" signs through out the store, they only hire Spanish people. I understand that many people speak Spanish but this is still AMERICA. It is considered discrimination.

• Ca
      21st of Oct, 2018
    TJX / T.J. Maxx - On/line purchase
    Lynwood
    California
    cvdunn10982@yahoo.com

My order #2747103886 was cancelled.
    Lenox Heirloom Pumpkin 60 x 120 tablecloth was listed online for $19.99.
    This item was listed as available. If, unavailable in my opinion this item should've been removed from T.J.Maxx on line store.
    Please advise.

cvdunn10982@yahoo.com

CD

23rd of Oct, 2018
    TJ Maxx - I am complaining about the store
    Wilkes-Barre
    Pennsylvania

Hi, I work in the dressing room at the Wilkes Barre pa TJ Maxx, and I would like to complain that it is hot like an oven in the dressing room. I also have some of my customers complaining. Please put more air on back there! Thank you!

• Me
      12th of Nov, 2018
    TJMaxx - Other
    Roseville
    California

I am so disappointed on how a company would be so brainwashed my the liberals and media to discontinue Ivanka Trump's Line of clothing?! What a unprofessional and idiotic decision!! I will NOT be shopping here- and I used to spend a lot of money- Your Loss!!!