Time Warner Cable / tv cable reception

1 FuquayVarina, NC, United States Review updated:

For the last three months, channel 3, which is WRAL TV local, has been intermittent. Fuzzed out, herringboned (off frequency).
This is on analog cable, and it is on this channel only. They admit they have a problem, but they won't fix it.
To watch programs on this CBS affiliate, I must disconnect cable and watch via an antannae. I think they have a problem in the frequency lockup for this station, or their digital to analog converter is bad. Whatever, they are ignoring this problem!

Comments

• De
      27th of Oct, 2008

I have called Time Warner twice now to complain that their election info channel, 1404, only has the Democratic convention, and nothing on the Republican convention. Both times the customer service reps argued with me that that was not the case, while I was looking right at the menu on the channel. They also both said they had not had any other calls about that (including my first call?). The second time the rep (with an African American accent) was very rude. The listings have not been changed.
    This obvious bias plus the fact that Time Warner is financially supporting the campaign for gay marriage and adoption in California has me looking for another internet provider.

Diane

• Pa
      12th of Nov, 2008

Hey Diane - blow it out your ###. And what the hell is an African American accent?

3rd of Dec, 2008

we have been having problems with our cable hook up for computer, tv, high speed dial up since the mid-summer.
    the problem comes and goes and we never get a return call from anyone with your company,
    please help us...

mc

• Ya
      7th of Mar, 2010

I've been having problems with my digital cable reception since the system was installed 6/2009. Pictures dissolves in to blocks of digital noise. Tech has been out to test and says everything fine -- in fact, the on-site tech told me that it's their network distribution.

The problem reoccurs frequently -- and usually on highly watched channels (CNN, NBC, etc). I called the local help number and the operator says, "That's the first call we've gotten any complaints." I say ###.

Is anyone else in the Los Angeles area (and especially the Inland Empire) having reception problems with Time Warner Digital cable?

I'm really tired of Time Warner Cable: high fees, crappy reception and poor customer service.