Telus Communications / telus staff

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

Yesterday, 21st Feb. 2018, I was at Guildford Mall, in Surrey B.C. It was around 3pm. A nice guy from Telus stopped me and asked if JI use Telus. I said YES, I use Telus as my phone operator but not for table and internet. He wanted to show me all the options at Telus and I was fine with it...but after awhile two other Telus staff guys came and they started explaining how the cable works and how the internet is fast. Which is okay, but what was NOT okay, was them pressuring me to book a day for an installation. I said I am really sorry but I am not sure if I can do that and that I had a contract with another cable company at the moment. It felt like the guys were not even listening to me and kept pressuring me. So at the end I booked a day for installation and I had to call this morning (22 Feb.) to cancel it. And the only way I was honestly able to escape from that situation was by saying that I do not pay for the bills at the moment and will have to talk to my family. The whole scenario lasted for about 40 minutes !
I work in a customer service environment and I am 100% sure that if a customer does not want something, pressuring me will lead to a complaint like this one.
(WEB- 2435181 - and was canceled this morning around 8:30am)
Thank you.