Telkom / line installation

1 South Africa

Good day I want to complain about my Telkom line installation (number:[protected]). I have request a move of my Telkom line for the 15th of Dec 2015. I have received an acknowledgement hereof on the 14th of December. Thereafter a got many sms’s saying it has been scheduled on a specific date (17Dec, 22Dec, 24Dec, 28Dec(three times), 5Jan, 7Jan, 9Jan). On the 17th Dec a technician came, told me he is coming back and then just left never to return, on the 22nd of Dec another came, complained the whole time that his bosses are unfair and then just left never to return, 28Dec another one came (very competent and clued up!) eventually told me that cables need to be connected underground and then a ‘spare’ would free up and could be connected. He said all this would happen before new year’s. I specifically asked the line to be moved through that time because I was off on holiday. Now me and my wife are back at work. Also of the 7 times that installation was scheduled, and I waited like a fool at home the whole day, only 3 of the appointments someone came! The 08th of January 2016 I escalated the order (Escalation 804494) but nothing! I can’t wait all day, taking leave from work just so the guys pitch up 50% of the time. Completely unacceptable! It has been a month waiting period without internet, having to phone the call centre from my cell phone, costing me hundreds of rand literally! Then having to pay a full month’s line rental and services.

Re