Telkom / billing errors
I applied to move my line from one flat to another end of april 2016.
They disconnected my line 3 may 2016, the contractors came to move it, they said they could not as poles were needed.
In the period from may till august 2016 i had four different contractors come out to try do this job, the pole was eventually installed end of july 2016 only and the line put up from the exchange only up to the pole, he later returned and finished that job connecting it to the new flat and the line was only fully installed in august 2016 the first week.
In the interim i kept on receiving telkom bills for my service, which i continuously called the 10210 number to complain and query, and every time it was said they could not do anything, only once the service was reconnected could they credit the erroneous bills.
It went from me owing r326.11 which i have the actual demand letter for, which is dated in june 2016. To suddenly being a bill of r2104.00 in august 2016.
When i again laid complaints they credited the bill down to r1884.90 now.
How in the right mind can you bill somebody for a service and a line that was not in existance was not installed and was therefore impossible to use and be charged for.
Every time i try get help from telkom in any sense, they keep on saying they will log a dispute, and no body ever calls back
More Telkom Complaints & Reviews
- Telkom SA - accounts department 
- Telkom - service not just serious it is ridiculous! 
- Telkom SA - slow adsl connection 
- Telkom/ Adsl Line - service and fault non-repairs 
- Telkom Mobile - fraud/identity theft 
- Telkom SA SOC - lte reconnection
- Telkom - landline telephone service
- Telkom SA SOC - product service non existent
- Telkom SA SOC - bad service and internet connection/speed and the lack thereof...
- Telkom SA SOC - bob naidoo store manager