Teleflora / Flowers sent were NOT what was ordered

United States Review updated:

I ordered a Memorial Day arrangement for my father - a retired Veteran. The order was a red, white, and blue arrangement, with a large American Flag balloon.

I ordered the arrangement from my home state, then drove to my parents house, in another state, the following day, so I was at their home when the arrangement was received.

I was shocked when I saw what was delivered - it bore NO resemblance to what I had ordered. The florist has simply clipped off a few branches from an hydrangea bush, added some fake red berries, a few blue and white flower stalks, stuck in a couple of flags, and called it done - and this cost $70+!!!

I called Teleflora immediately. When I explained this was for Memorial Day, the Teleflora rep asked, "When's the funeral?" I told him it was NOT a funeral, it was for Memorial Day. His response was, and I am NOT kidding, "What's Memorial Day?" At that point I explained to him that we celebrate Memorial Day in the United States, and asked him where he was located. "Los Angeles, " was his response.

He told me that, since it was after noon on Saturday, I could not have a substitute arrangement delivered until Tuesday - the day AFTER Memorial Day. I declined, and requested a refund. I was told I would need to return the flowers.

The following Tuesday, I took the now-dying arrangement (it had started dying within 24 hrs) to the florist. She remembered the call from Teleflora, when they gave her my order. She said she specifically told them she did not have any of the items for the arrangement I had ordered. They told her to just tie a blue bow around anything she had, and deliver it.

After this experience, I will **NEVER** use Teleflora again.

Teleflora

Te

Comments

• Sh
      May 08, 2011

OMG!!! I'm so amazed how bad this company sucks! Wow!

• Mr
      Sep 24, 2015

Had a birthday arrangement delivered today. My wife loves yellow roses, which were in the arrangement that I selected. What she received looked NOTHING like what I ordered and had zero yellow roses. AWFUL.