Tataindicom Internet / Huge/excess billing

1 India Review updated:

I am Sunit Kumar Sinha, working in M/s. Kajaria Ceramics Ltd., had taken one internet connection of TATA INDICOM from Ghaziabad on 20.09.2007. After taking the connection, the pen-drive provided for internet kept idle for 10 days due to insufficient programme in my PC. After installation of Window XP in my PC, there still remain the problem for connectivity. The net connection only possible in the early hours. As I am a service person, I can't surf on that time.

I lodged compliant to their office at Ghaziabad about the same. But they visited the site only after 10 days after having repeated reminders.

At the time of connection, the executive of TATA Indicom told me that on paying Rs.500/= I can surf the net unlimited and extra payment should be given only when I upload or download any thing from the net. During the whole month, I did not downloaded or uploaded anything from net.

Now, the company raised a Bill for Rs.2200/- and continuously threatening for the deposit of bill. I already approached the office and lodged a complaint through their GZB office. But till date nothing heared to my satisfaction. I will pay only Rs.500/- as the actual rent, as I used it merely 1 or 2 hours.

It is crestyl clear fault of thei executive or Billing Clerk or may be fault of their server showing such readings.

I request your goodself to take necessary action against the Company and give me justice in thie regard.

thanking you

Yours sincerely

SUNIT KUMAR SINHA

Comments

• Ra
      11th of Mar, 2008

I too had the same problem, I have got excess bill. I have taken the usb modem connection just a month ago, annd due to slow speed I never used much. but to my surprise I got the bill too high than imaginable. I request to every one never ever buy Tata Indicom Usb Internet. you may go papuar!!!!!!!!

• Sr
      8th of Jul, 2008

dont take tata internet connection, if u take u will get 10, 000rps bill for 15 days.its true.i experienced 500rps bill for 5 hours.

• Mo
      27th of Oct, 2008

I am from Nagpur I have taken the Tata Indicom USB Wireless Modem with 512 MB + 512 MB free for six month plan for Rs 425 + Taxes per month on 1 of Oct, 2008. Indicom generated bill within 15 Days and shown me usage of 1500 MB in other hand the log software showing usage of 524 MB for same billing period . It means its difference of 3 times!!

I am IT professional I am sure that my usage was not that much. I used this internet connection only for checking email from home and some tech website browsing only.

If you search on Google with keyword like ‘Tata Indicom excess billing’ there are hundreds of such complaints reported on multiple sites. I even noticed they are blocking such sites, if you are connected thru tataindicom at this point you can not access broadbandforum.in whichis having some similar post but you can still access it by using any proxy site. Its clear that they know the issue and doing it deliberately. It looks like the Head of Tata Indicom billing department and its other policy makers are out of their mind & think they can get away with this.

I have some Tata Indicom shares (TTML ) I was thinking to Buy some shares but now I want to wash my handsfrom those. Such fraud company can not grow and will never become profitable.

I am going to use this connection without paying any bill till they disconnect.