Target / bad quality product

1 Othello StSan Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

I attempted to return defective software to the store and was told I could only exchange the software for an exact duplicate, which they didn't have. The only way to exchange it was to drive to another Target store. The software was defective when purchased. I had my original receipt.

There is no 'exchange for same item' policy posted in their software department. Even if this policy was posted it is not legal according to the Uniform Commercial Code (federal regulation).

I will never again purchase software, CDs, DVDs, or electronic goods at any Target stores. In fact, I will not make any purchases at Target if I can buy the merchandise at Wal Mart.

Va

Comments

• Dr
      20th of Jan, 2009

It's not just Target, it's every store that sells software and complies to the law. If you ever are in this situation again with any other store, your best bet is to read the manual that comes with the software on how to obtain replacement software from the manufacturer. Keep in mind that many manufacturers require you to either send a photo copy or a fax of your original purchase receipt as well.