1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN, 55403, US

Reviews and Complaints

Target Red Cardextortion

Around nov 12 statement was received indicating that a new balance of 739.96 was owned
The period closes around the 9th of each month
The due date for minimum payment was dec 6
Auto pay is setup to pay the balance for dec 6.
Payments toward statement were made on the following date
11/30/2013 payment made at target austin tx 250
11/25/2013 payment made at target austin tx 400
The expected amount expected to be charged through autopay was $89.96
On dec 6 the target red card site indicated the following charge
12/6/2013 auto payment 669.17 department store.
This is not a possible amount that could be derived from any possible scenarios. option 1 ($739.96 original amount), option 2 (739.96-$400-$250=$89.96), $739.96-$250=$489.96 or $739.96-$400=$339.96
I suspend payment and contacted target to dispute this..
A confirmation was received that that payment was suspended. however it still went through.
Target did agreed to pay the fee's associated with transaction
Between 12-9 and 12-12 no action could be made to account while waiting for fund to adjust for return of $669.17 payment attempt.
12-10 in my attempt to ascertain how $669.17 could be calculated I totaled all purchased made for history of account and subtracted this amount from the total history of payments.
The results are as follows
Total history of payments 3849.28
Total history of purchases 3722.46
Amount owed to me by target 126.82
I contacted target to bring this to targets attention.
Amber d created ticket number [protected]
Dec 13 $669.17 is returned back to target
12/10/2013 returned payment fee -25 fees
12/10/2013 return payment interest c harge adjustm ent -1.68 finance charges
12/10/2013 auto pay returned payment -669.17 fees
New charge total 695.85
I contact target again to find out the status of investigation and to have target honor it’s promise made to investigate the issue and not charge any fees
Targets refused to honor its promise and refused to perform any audit on my account in spite of all proof presented
Target has extorted me for the amount approximate to 126.82
Target has refused to pay this money owed to me and continues to refuse to perform any sort of account inquires.
How to I collect on money and or how to I submit for charges of extortion.
Where if I have a choice or success, I would prefer to fill for extortion then only if that is not a simple solution then my second choice is for suit of $126.82 plus any other cost associate and any pain and stress targets extortion

• Lo
      Logicisyourfriend Dec 17, 2013

"Where if I have a choice or success, I would prefer to fill for extortion then only if that is not a simple solution then my second choice is for suit of $126.82 plus any other cost associate and any pain and stress Targets extortion" Gosh, with clear concise writing like that I can't understand how there is any confusion.

Target Corporationfalse advertising

The two day sale flyer for the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving 2008 advertised a 2 gig thumb drive. It clearly says the price is $8.88 and includes 40 free prints. The website said the same. I went to the store and the package has the same information. It was a special deal between Target and Kodak and has the information printed inside the plastic package. "40 free prints. Who doesn't love free? 40 prints for you, from Target." You can't get much clearer than that! It also said "See coupon inside for offer" but you can't get to that unless you cut open the plastic package. I assumed it had some unimportant details such as expiration date.

Upon reading the coupon which was hidden inside, it turns out that this offer is not for 40 free prints. The coupon clearly states you receive 40 "free" prints with the purchase of 40 or more. This is NOT free. This is buy 80 for half price. I don't think I'm being overly picky here - this is very misleading and quite wrong.

I called customer service and spoke to a supervisor who took my phone number then put me on hold to research my complaint. After a few minutes, their system hung up on me. Since he had my phone number, I assume he'd call me back but he never did. I called back and finally got someone who took three tries to correctly record my phone number. I don't know what she was doing for several minutes but we never even got to my problem so I asked for someone else. That supervisor told me there was nothing she could do except for me to pay for the 40 prints and send her the receipt after which she would send me a store credit. While better than nothing, this is a lot of unnecessary effort on my part. I also have to trust I eventually receive the credit. What I wanted was some way to go to the store and get my 40 free prints without the hassle. But they don't know of any way. It took me 45 minutes on the phone to find this out.

Since it does not seem to be possible to communicate with anyone higher than customer service by phone, I wrote a polite letter to Gregg Steinhafel, President, asking how I could get the promised 40 free prints. I gave my address, phone number and email address.

About two weeks later, I received an email from Joseph who said he wanted to discuss this with me and to call him. He gave the customer support phone number and a reference number. I went through their horrible phone system again on Monday morning and finally got someone who told me he wasn't in yet but would be told I called. That was over a week ago and I still haven't heard from him.

I encourage everyone who was mislead by this item to write and complain to

Mr. Gregg Steinhafel, President
    Target Corporation
    1000 Nicollet Mall
    Minneapolis, MN 55403
    [protected]

• Mi
        Mike Jan 16, 2009

Follow up by original author...

Thursday December 18, 2008. I received an email from Joseph, Target Guest Relations, saying he would like to discuss this with me and that I should call him at the customer service number.

Monday December 22, 2008 at 9:30 I called. I had to go through many menus and none of them was applicable to me so I just picked one. Tom told me Joseph was not in yet but would be told I called and would call me back. (Why didn’t he just call me when he received my letter?)

Wed December 31, 2008 at 10 AM I called again and Mike told me Joseph, Cust Support Supervisor, was away from his desk but would call me. Mike informed me that Joe called me once before and left a message. I never received a call or a message.

Tue January 7, 2009 11:40 AM. I called. Mike tried to transfer me to Joe only to find he was away from his desk and would call. Mike said Joe is the only person who could handle my issue. I told him he was not doing a very good job of getting back to me.

Wed January 8, 2009 2 PM. Joe called. He didn’t seem to be up on the details of what had happened but is sending me a $20 Target gift card for the misunderstanding. I told him thank you but it was not a misunderstanding… the ads were wrong. He said he would have it looked into.

Thursday January 15, 2009. Received a call from someone in Consumer Affairs. Although the coupon is very ambiguous and poorly worded, it turns out it WILL be accepted for 40 free prints. It turns out that he purchased the same item and misunderstood the coupon in the same way. Ok, I stand corrected. But all of this could have been handled in one phone call had Target Customer Service just explained that to me during my first call. And the way I was treated after my letter is completely unacceptable.

• Sp
        spookyone Mar 11, 2013

This is a joke, right? You are quibbling over "40 free prints" that are BOGO? Really? You are one petty person.

Target National Bank — terrible experience

I received a little notice from Target National Bank informing me that they were going to raise my rate to...