Target / unauthorized billing

Target had their Britax Marathon convertible carseats on their website advertised for $42.99 ( there was another Britax car seat listed for $59.99). I immediately placed my order. My order has since been canceled due to a 'pricing error' on their part. Target claims that if they list a price for less than what an item is worth then they have the right to cancel your order. I think this is an unacceptable company policy. They do not have to own up to the prices they advertise online. If this had happened in the store they would have had to honor this price to the customer. I was even sent a confirmation letter confirming my order and listing my shipment date. The next day Target sends me another email stating they are canceling my order and offering me the car seat for $279.99.

A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Have you tried contacting your state agency regarding this practice? Or even the BBB? If they are not allowed to do this then the agency will fix it for you. I once had an issue with Ames and the weekly flyer that had great deals that were never actually available in the store. After I went to the BBB they called me and told me to buy the item at another store and they would reimburse me.

Target Brands Logo Target Brands