T-Mobile / sim card fraud

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I was using my fiancée’s SIM and phone while I was in US, I cam back to India and had not used my SIM / phone for 3 months. In this time I lost my SIM card and someone in Bangalore stole it and made lot of local calls which I realized only after a month when I saw the bill of 1600$!! Now I have deactivated that SIM, however I brought a new SIM with same number as before from a local store, because I dint want to lose the contacts and could not afford another connection.

I have a list of all the phone numbers to which calls were made at that time when it got stolen. The SIM card was from T-mobile, and the customer care refused to help. I had even requested for a sim suspension before my travel, but they refused that I had ever made such a request. And I have no records of the request made now as i did not receive any request number.

Do you think it is possible to track the person who stole it and is there a way I can get him to pay my money back? If you cannot help, let me know if you know of any agency or department where I can report this and get help.

I appreciate any help you could offer!

De

Comments

• Fr
      7th of Nov, 2008