Synchrony Bank Yamaha Financing / billing and customer service

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I have a motorcycle financed through Yamaha Installment financing. The loan is serviced by Synchrony Bank. I am current on loan payments but I have serious reservations about Synchrony Yamaha ability to ethically provide service. I have other loans serviced by Synchrony "Lowes" and have not had any difficulties, so it leads me to believe that the issues I am experiencing are isolated to Synchrony Yamaha financing alone. The last two years I receive my bill statements a few days before the due date or I don't receive them at all. Synchrony Yamaha is the only creditor I have this issue with. When talking to their customer service reps. they elude to the postal service as the culprit and say they cant be held responsible. "Again I receive all other bills on time". They charge me late fees and fees to pay the bill over the phone. utilizing their mentality why should I be held responsible and pay the late fees and pay over the phone fees for the Postal service? "I don't think the USPS is the problem". I believe this is a purposeful and unethical practice to collect fees and increase their company revenue at the expense of the consumer. I will pay this loan off and be rid of Synchrony Yamaha and will pay for my next bike outright or utilize a different loan company. This complaint is solely to enlighten other consumers to the business practices of Synchrony Yamaha. I have given up on their ability to competently and ethically provide service.

Ca
Jun 19, 2018

Comments

• Pr
      22nd of Jun, 2018

I total agree with you. I cannot figure out why Yamaha Synchrony bank does not have a dedicated website where we can make online payments. This seems somewhat shady being that we live in a world where mobile & online payments are the norm!

• Ro
      6th of Aug, 2018
    Best Best Advice

Same here no or late statements and no online option, can't sign up for online account, says no Account found.

• Dw
      13th of Jan, 2019

same here I can't fine [censored] for a web-site and they always charge a late fee. Its the worst loan I've ever had for anything. Every business has a website set up to make payments that I have ever seen. They suck and I will be going to someone else if I ever buy something else from Yamaha. #sucksucksuck

• Ni
      18th of Feb, 2019

Happening to me now too. Less than six months in and my bills aren’t coming anymore. To make things worse I didn’t keep the old ones so I don’t have a phone number for them.. luckily I wrote the account number on the front of my check and I have a copy of that. But when I called their customer support sync said they have a different call center for Yamaha and she gave me a number that when I called asked me like 10 spam questions about offers I could be getting for a small fee if I’m over sixty, watch tv or have phone service and to make sure I have my credit card on me. What the actual [censored] is wrong with these people

• Co
      20th of Feb, 2019

I had an autopay on my Synchrony Yamaha bike payments and, after I paid my bike off, they still accepted 2 more payments from my bank and now claim they have no idea where the money went and won't refund it. I have provided them with proof of payment from my bank and they have now told me that they are having their accounting department "research" it. It's been a week and I've heard nothing. Seems like they are just hoping I go away.