Subway, Marengo, IL / rude service/over pricing

1 Marengo, IL, United States Review updated:

I don't know if anything will be done, but I really would like to get this out. First off, I have had problems with this Subway before, but I would make some excuse for the employees and let it slide, today, however, was the last straw. My brother and I had stopped in to get a sandwich for myself and one for my boyfriend. My boyfriend asked me to get him a footlong club, and I ordered a 6" ham and turkey. The total was almost $19!! The cashier gave me the total and I said "Oh, doesn't that seem high?" And he replied, "No, the club alone is $9.95 for the meal." I said "Holy cow! That is way more expensive than anywhere else I've been, even here a few weeks ago." He then said no that they were the cheapest subway in the country? Right, I'm sure they are. I said something along the lines of "I'm not sure about that, your sign says $6.95 for the footlong club..." He cuts me off saying "yea you idiot, then the extra for your meal, don't be so cheap." Mind you, this was after I already paid the bill. No where on thier boards does it say it will be $3 to make it a meal. Whatever I let it slide and went to fill my drinks. One of the other employess had asked the cashier "What was that about?" Then the cashier says "Oh she's just stupid." I turned and looked at him and then he says "Yea the poor b**** right there!" I'm not poor, but even if I was whose business is it other than mine? I said to him "You know what? You are very rude and I'd like to speak to your manager." He then laughed and said "My dad is the owner, complain all you want." I simply stated to my brother that we would not be going there again, Crystal Lake is run way better and is cheaper. As I'm walking out the door he shouts something else at me and says "Yea that's right." I did not understand the treatment I recieved what so ever. Also my food was not that great, in fact I now have food poisoning from turkey that was not kept properly. I tried to submit a complaint on thier website but they want all my information to contact me, I really don't want anymore harrassment from that store. Also when I tried to call and make a complaint I got bounced around from person to person to person for 40 minutes before I hung up. Any other thoughts?

Js

Comments

19th of Dec, 2010

contact the better business bureau. i was also charged about $10 and change for a meal. since when did subway get so expensive?

• At
      30th of Dec, 2010

You must be an idiot. Were you expecting a club meal for $6.50? It's clearly stated on the signs that the meal is 2-3 dollars in addition to the sandwich.