Steak 'n Shake Enterprises / customer service

Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

Immaturity of staff.
I placed an order for a #4 on 5/17 - after 5 pm, and was told by a young guy "oh we're out of #4's". . Then with laughter after I said- excuse me. A young lady then asks what would I like on it. At that point I said never mind, I don't trust you enough not to play in my food since you're not being professional now. This is uncalled for in a business and the younger staff should be trained better. This is the 2 location that I've had an issue with immature staff.

Ni
May 17, 2017

Comments

• Ca
      18th of May, 2017

Steak n Shake is notorious for their bad service and poor quality food. Initially, there were 5 locations in my area, all with 1 star Yelp ratings. Then, for whatever reason, a 6th one was opened and I kid you not, within 2 weeks they had racked up dozens of nasty reviews and have a 1 star rating. You can plug Steak n Shake into Yelp, any location, and the odds are it will have horrible ratings. To put into perspective just how bad Steak n Shake is, consider this: there are 544 locations in total. On the Pissedconsumer website, there are 1, 905 complaint reports about them and that number is rising everyday! There are close to 37, 000 McDonalds locations in total. Currently, at the same consumer site, McDonalds has 1, 771 complaints. I just think that puts it into perspective just how god awful Steak n Shake is. i.e. they have MORE complaints than a chain that has more than 36, 000 locations than they do! Conclusion: AVOID Steak n Shake entirely. There are too many other food options than to waste your time and money on such a loser company.