Standard Chartered Bank / worst bank ever!

1 India Review updated:

Horrible... This is the worst bank for home loans. On the website they say insurance is optional, but once you take the loan, the insurance option becomes mandatory. The talk to you at the security desk, they say it is based on RBI notification, when we ask for details, they say the notification was given verbally. They don't respond to mails, they promise call backs, but never do, Managers are useless group of dumbos. Never take a loan with this bank.

Standard Chartered Bank Sucks!

Comments

Su
  19th of Mar, 2008

I totally agree. They dont reduce the interest rates for the exsisting customers. It is applicable only for the new customers. When you try to close the loan, they will come out with all the offers to reduce the loans.

So the best way to reduce your interest rate is, call and shout. tell them you want to close the loan and move to another bank, they will immediately reduce.

Ra
  19th of Apr, 2008

They fleece the Customers by providing life time free credit cards then start imposing some bizarre charges. They are worst among the MNC's. They hire criminals to collect the money from the Cardholders.

A white collar criminal called Rajith Maiti is the recoveries manager in Bangalore and he has got a record for hiring criminals.

Unfortunately this white collar criminal is from IIT Roorkee...

Te
  29th of Apr, 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

One of your Bank employee, he(SHIVAMURTHAIAH) recently (apprx.. 1 month) joined to your bank as Assistant Sales Manger, Shivaji Nagar Branch, Bangalore.
He cheated to you, he given fake(duplicate) experience as icici bank executive i.e., 3 yrs.
I am suprised how you give job for this person.

My request is to verify the candidates experience and other details.

26th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have a similar experience with Standard Chartered bank 23/25 M.G.ROAD Mumbai branch.
I have an account there that I did not operate for few years. Now the accoutn is inactive.

I am overseas now and I asked the bank to close the account. The bank won't close the account. they want to come to theire branch to do so. Can you imagine their foolsihness?

I had similar situation with CBI, SBI, HDFC. All thise accounts are already closed and I have received the balance.

It is only the Standard Chartered bank that is reluctant to part with my own money. It is the worst bank I have come across.
This sort of bank can only survive in India or a third world country where they are able to fool the poor public.

On bank manger's request i sent al lmy papers, still they won't close. They say they do not respect a public notary from overseas.
They want me to send them my original passport, driving license etc.

I am sure if a person sends them original these cheats will either lose it or use it for their gains.
I advise boycott this bank. Close all your accounts with them and never advise anybody to have an account with them.

This is a private bank worst than any government organization in India.

Hope, my experience and advise helps my fellow Indians and some of them get spared from this White collar criminal bank Standard Chartered bank.

Al
  19th of Oct, 2008

I am from USA and came back to HK for work. When I asked for a ELI for AUD to HKD transaction, the officer mistakenly entered 2 transactions due to poor computer. This seemed simple, so I asked them to cancel the duplicated one but they finally cancelled all transactions. I did not realize this until after 1 month when the deposit was due but I received no interests! This is a worst bank I have ever seen as they internal communication is horrible. I am filing a law suite against SCB as a result since I have all the facts and evident, even the transaction confirmation! But they insisted not to pay my interest.

Ku
  21st of Nov, 2008

dear
sir/madam, i m kuldeep gupta i have a saving account in standard charted bank in barahkhamba road new delhi 110001.branch .i give the request for close the account .but accont is not close, bank dedect the charges of non maintance charges and other charges, by defolt i brought the reliance I .P .O. my demate account linked tha same saving account.i give the cheque of amount 52000 rs.but i got the I.P.O..of amount.around 30 thousend.after that reliance pay the rest amount through E.C.S. E.C.S. reflact the same account.and bank dedect the amount without intimation . but i have a reciving from the branch. pls help me what can i do...thanks. my contact no. is 9212019350.

Pr
  22nd of Nov, 2008

Standard Chartered are grade A cheats.

Sc
  3rd of Apr, 2009

I agree with all of you. I am also a victim to these incompetent and half knowledge customer care executives. These representative are highly skilled in messing up all the things perfectly with help of their attitude and ###ed intellect . The entire training process looks immature to compete and highly inefficient. Sometime they just hang up on you. They refuse to take complaints or provide interaction ID.

I entirely agree - that SCB has worst process of handling overseas customers. I had to always spend 30-40 minutes on interacting with these dumber. SCB should really look into these issues since all banks ICICI/Citibank provide new procedures to overseas /roaming customers. One cannot update mobile records to international mobile number. Hence one cannot reset his/her Internet banking credentials (username/passoword).

Lots and lots of issue. worst bank indeed.
I hope this SCB Main Branch in England are googling or seeing these complaints and ultimately propagating some help to above concerns and punishments to concern departments which are taking customer time and efforts for granted.

Thanks
frustrated SCB customer

Sh
  8th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes

lets bring it up to the highest level! Anyone knows the CEO's email?

Na
  29th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

This is that notorious bank which start at first hiring criminals . This bank is shame for Banking Industry .

They are acting like a group of Mafias, not as a Bank.

Why Govt has not yet ban this bank ?

They are more notorious than Taliban .

11th of Sep, 2009

Hi,

I am a CA & I have taken a home loan from SCB. Believe me this is not one of the worst bank but the worst bank for home loans. As one of the guy has mentioned SCB does not reduce the interest rate when most of the other banks like SBI, LIC is offering interest rate at 8 to 9%. Not just that but when they change the rate of interest upword i was not even informed. They have reduce the rate after n number of haggling.

I have had the worst experience with SCB. My take is, i will never suggest any of my friends to go to SCB.

my simpity with you existing SCB customers & good luck for folks who are signing an agreement with SCB, be prepared to pay more or haggling :)

Vinay Sutrave

Al
  7th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

I second all the notion that Standard Chartered could probably be the worst bank around. I think they try very hard to hire inexperienced, incapable, incompetent people to run their banks at ALL levels. Can you imagine the customer service hotline tells me they cannot see my account information? So I'm left wondering what the heck is the customer service for?

The debt collections department is even worse! Yes.. I do owe them 60 dollars for their imaginary charges and they hound me as if I owe them 600 million dollars and without the 60 dollars the bank will collapse in a second.

Never ever bank with Standard Chartered .. For me ..after I finish paying my business loan, I'll never transact with their bank again. Not savings, not loan, nothing.

Si
  2nd of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

The dirtiest bank I have ever dealt with. They are bunch of hoodlums wrongfully entered in to the banking sector. In some bank may be one or two person are bad...
Here the total culture itself is so bad, even hiring the people with Standard Charted experienc will bring disgrace and harm to anywhere they work.

8th of May, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

SCB is the biggest cheater...I agree. I am also one of the victim. I do not know if there is way to advertise against SCB bad practices. I would definitely like to warn atleast in my network, never ever go to Standard Chartered. SCB can change any condition which you can never imagin. You will ulitimately end up paying more than any other bank on home loan. Can't explain my frustration.

Bh
  18th of Jun, 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

My A/c in Fort Mumbai Branch And my comp. is last 2 week ago i given cheque book requist form in Dadar Branch but Se is not Received me.A/c no. 225-0-568030-7. pls i Requist you imme. action & send my cheque book urgent. waiting Replay.

Pa
  2nd of Jul, 2010

i have home loan a/c. with standard chartered bank i have deposited Rs.6 lakh for prepayment of loan but scb bank had not given credit of such amount and bank had also withdraw another Rs.6 lakh from my homesaver loan a/c. and after 16 days scb bank had gived credit of such Rs.12 lakh in my homesaver and such types of mistakes happens another twisely.
so pls help me out of such harrashment, otherwise i will go to consumer court and banking ombdusman .

paresh chauhan
pks@pravinkumar.com

Ja
  10th of Jul, 2010

On 09-07-10 i visited your Sufurah Goth Branch at Main University Rd: Karachi Pakistan, for making/issuance a Payment Order/ Bank Check for Rs. 340, 000/=, but staff on counter & Operation manager totally refused for issuance the PO, Bank staff told me that due to our bank policy we are not entertain to walking customers, i think this type of service totally violation of S.B.P. regulations, really i am surprised for this attitude from the staff/officers of standard chartered bank.
Jalal Jawed Baluch
KARACHI.
jalalbauch@yahoo.com

Ja
  10th of Jul, 2010

Please correct my e.mail add: sorry

jalalbaluch@yahoo.com

Va
  14th of Jul, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I totally agree that the standard chartered bank is the worst bank and never ever go for any loans with them.

I have opted for the protection plan of Rs 995/- along with my credit card which they said, it has to be paid addition to my first bill amount after my first use. But they had sent me to pay the amount in the very first month itself, before I used it. As I was overseas, I am not aware of the statement and after 6 months they had sent my name to CIBIL without intimating to me.

CIBIL also supports only the banks and they are not taking any necessary actions on banks or validating their reports.

I am going to give complaints against them in ombudsman.

Ag
  20th of Sep, 2010

HI
To a concern person,
Standard Chartered Bank,
Respected sir, /Mam

Please look in to this matter this is my second letter i have been continuously receiving calls from the collection department. However I informed them that I am facing some heavy financial problem and i lost my job and now I got new job so i just want some time’s mean to say one month grace period so that slowly and steady I can pay the payment. I am not saying that I am not paying I want to use the card but please its a request look in to the matter coz I am getting lots of harassment call even I have a recording of that please look into this matter I want to pay the payment and I want to use the card however its only matter of one month.
You can email me on agneldsouza68@gmail.com
Waiting for your positive reply
Thanks