Standard Chartered Bank - Indiafraud, then excuse we are sorry!

R Review updated:

I am here to write what had happened to me because of their unreliable, poor, dishonest bank service and I think that this should be brought to your notice since it can happen to anyone here who has an account in Standard chartered Bank, Banglore.

In brief it begins on 6 June /07 when I gave a A/C payee cheque of Rs 1200 to a person via cheque number 114682.On 8 june checked my balance and I was shocked that Rs 12000 was debited from my account through the Rs 1200 cheque called the phone banker but their response was not good/satisfying.
And even though I asked her to report this as a fraud she repeatedly argued me that it was Rs 12000 cheque.

I then went to SCB Branch located at Cunnigham Road,Bangalore. There they took two days to resolve the matter and they told me that it is their bank mistake.

Well if a reputed bank can do such type of blunder mistakes then closing a account with such a bank is far better. Also I would like to inform my friends/relatives to do the same. Who knows next time they make Rs15000 cheque a Rs 1.5Lac cheque.

What are the bank head officers doing ??

Simply sleeping. Customers beware of their bank or one day you will loose all your money.

• Ra
    Rajasekar Nov 03, 2008

Same thing happened to me with SC chennai... Believe they are worst to do banking with. The customer care tried its worst possible tactics to prove that this is really a rare mistake.. But actually this kind of complaints are heard with standard chartered most often!!

• Ka
    kamal Nov 18, 2008

I am staying in abroad, i used to send money each month for my family in India CITI BANK. From abroad the money i send by Telegraphic Transfer (TT ). It used to take 3-4 working days to reach the money to my CITI bank account. But now a days it is taking 15-20 days to reach the money. I enquire and got to know a very suprizing thing.

The Standard Chartered bank is the middle bank who take the money (which one i send from abroad to India) and diposit to my CITI bank account. Now a days Standard Chartered bank is not dipositing the money to CITI bank, even though they received the money from abroad bank. Standard Chartered bank keep the money with them for 1-2 weeks and earn the interrest on that money.

Standard Chartered bank don't have any authority to do like this.
    That's why the are bull ### bank.

• Ca
    caree Apr 08, 2010

They are the worst banks to bank with. A similar thing happened with my friend and they never setteled the account of my friend. Completely unreliable.
    They are not "Standard" & Chartered but "Sub-Standard& & Chartered.

• Ku
    kuldeep singh thind Apr 08, 2010

08-04-10

I AGREE WITH YOU.

TODAY ON VIJAY THAKUR RANG ME UP TO GIVE A STANCHART CARD.
    I TOLD HIM THAT THE MOBILE NO OF MINE IS UNDER UNDER DND, THEN HOW COME YOU ARE ASKING FOR DETAILS.
    I HAVE SUFFERED FRAUDS IN THE PAST BY TRUSTIBNG YOU PEOPLE. HE SAID HE WAS ONLY A PART TIME EMPLOYEE IN A D.S.A AND HIS BOSS WOULD EXPLAIN THE MATTERS TO ME .
    HE NEVER GOT BACK TO ME.

kuldeep singh thind
    1-A-1, NITYANAND BAUG, R.C.MARG
    MAHUL ROAD, CHEMBUR
    MUMBAI-400074

[email protected]

• Dr
    Dr Raghib Qamar May 30, 2010

I am going through very bitter experience here in Pakistan with Standard chartered bank garden town branch in Lahore .I leased a Honda City car and was maintaining my account and payments were being made by postdated cheques for last five years, while during this year bank manager delibratly didnt present my cheques to my banker and with out informing me they snatched my car by private persons illegally and unlawfully, and next day i got the letter to pay 211000rupees or my car would be auctioned...on inquiry they said ...oooops it was our mistake, as it was our duty to present the cheques in time...Thaks GOD they realized their mistake ...but I am still without car...running to courts.It was presure tactics used by the bank and deprive me of the amount 86300 ruppees of which i was entitled on all regular payments..and who knows who would have gotten the car in auction of worth min. 800, 000 ruppees in just 200, 000 ruppeees...tell you brothers it is coruption in this institution right form the top level.

AnjaliRJ Mar 25, 2011

I worked with standard chartered for 4 months in the credit card department. Was the highest seller pan india. I resigned as was not getting proper incentives and the perks what i was suppose to get. Its a fraud bank. They not only cheat the customers all over the globe but also the employees who slog their [censor] for them.

• Rv
    RVJ May 31, 2011

the worst banking experience i ever had is with Standard Charted Bank, Chennai

• Po
    Popl Aug 25, 2011

I am also having trouble with SC bank. My family had started a saving accounts when I was minor and when the account matured, SC started making all kinds of trouble. Since I dont live in India anymore, they need proof I live aboard and ofcourse my foreign passport is not enough. Sometimes they ask for a recent utlity bill with my address (so they can check where I live) and when I sent them, they asked for other documents. They even went as far as asking me to send my salary slip and house documents. Everytime its a new excuse and this has been going on now for almost 2years. Does anyone has some advice as to how I can solve this?
    Thanks

• St
    StandardCharteredBankSucks Aug 25, 2011

Your passport is your proof of address.
    You have to file a case against them.

Don't give them any extra information; they will use this against you.
    Standard Chartered Bank's business practices are illegal; giving them any confidential docs is risky.

• As
    ashwinss Nov 01, 2012

standard chartered india worst worst worst worst Bank seen until now.Credit card department is the biggest fraud seen until.customer service cheats u big time.i am lost in life bcos of this bank.this bank troubled me to the core.my since guidance to all u guys is not to opt for this.Life without standard chartered is a healthy rich life.

• Ji
    Jiban bhujel Aug 20, 2018

Today is 15 days but I have not yet received payment
    Please help me sir

• Se
    [email protected] Sep 05, 2018

Please note that as per the terms as a corporate agreement we should avail free yearly charge for my credit card but it's so unfortunate that I have payed the charge 5000BDT but still have not received the return. I have sent a mail to Customer. [email protected] but their respond is not satisfactory.

• Ra
    ramesh prakash Nov 05, 2018

Please find my all attachment files below and reply to me this fund transfer process is true or false?

My e-mail id : [email protected]

Sairam1234 Aug 15, 2019

Is this true

• Kh
    Khalil Ahmadd Nov 20, 2019

Bank is not contacting me, even after emailing at complaint portal. They are unable to deliver my credit card. It is over a month now.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices