Spirit Airlines / the cost of a delayed departure
Flight #756 from SJO (San Jose, Costa Rica) to Ft. Lauderdale was 24 minutes late departing. It was supposed to leave at 12.30 pm, instead it took off at 12.54 p.m. Enough time for my daughter to miss her connecting flight 619 to Houston. When the reservation was made, we did not choose this flight plan, it is Spirit Airlines that offers to its clients. So, the end result, make a hotel reservation for my 19 yr. old daughter at a Ramada Inn close to the airport, costing an additional $86 dollars. Spirit Airlines does not offer to pay for your hotel overnight, it only offers information where you can choose to stay. So if you are considering Spirit Airlines for its low price, think again. It might be better to book direct flights that cost a bit more but get you to your destination without extra expenses -- hotel and extra meals. Our other option: to sit at the airport for the night an wait for a flight next morning. I do not know of happy campers on this one!
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge 
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club 
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card 
- Spirit Airlines - bogus bait & switch practices! 
- Spirit Airlines - Refund against cancellation
- Spirit Airlines - ticket hh155u
- Spirit Airlines - delay
- Spirit Airlines - baggage handling service
- Spirit Airlines - a detailed reservation that pulled up with an incorrect name — my own!