Spirit Airlines / the cost of a delayed departure

United States, Florida, Miramar Review updated:
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Miramar, FL 33025
Phone: 954 447 8010
Flight #756 from SJO (San Jose, Costa Rica) to Ft. Lauderdale was 24 minutes late departing. It was supposed to leave at 12.30 pm, instead it took off at 12.54 p.m. Enough time for my daughter to miss her connecting flight 619 to Houston. When the reservation was made, we did not choose this flight plan, it is Spirit Airlines that offers to its clients. So, the end result, make a hotel reservation for my 19 yr. old daughter at a Ramada Inn close to the airport, costing an additional $86 dollars. Spirit Airlines does not offer to pay for your hotel overnight, it only offers information where you can choose to stay. So if you are considering Spirit Airlines for its low price, think again. It might be better to book direct flights that cost a bit more but get you to your destination without extra expenses -- hotel and extra meals. Our other option: to sit at the airport for the night an wait for a flight next morning. I do not know of happy campers on this one!
Aug 5, 2015

A  16th of Aug, 2015 by
Wow, YOU were lucky. I had the same flight booked for 8/10/15 and it was delayed from 12:30 until 2:52, and customers received the email early that morning. When I showed up at 12:50, I and 20 others learned we were bumped bc we hadn't gotten there two hours before the ORIGINAL flight time, and we couldn't be flown to FLL for two days!!

Spirit Airlines Logo Spirit Airlines