Having problems with Spirit Airlines?

1800 006 1111 (Mexico)
+1 954 447 8010 (United States)
+1 801 401 2222 (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands)
+1 800 772 7117 (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands)
+1 954 698 0125 (Spirit Vacations)
+504 94 520 238 (Honduras)
+505 22 781 149 (Nicaragua)
+506 40 329 449 (Costa Rica)
+502 22 920 828 (Guatemala)
+507 836 7701 (Panama)
+503 21 130 326 (El Salvador)
+57 67 497 248 (Colombia)
+1 877 211 1546 (Jamaica)
+1 849 937 0808 (Dominican Republic)
2800 Executive Way
Miramar, Florida

Complaints & Reviews

bogus flight

Responded to an internet special deal to fly to Detroit. Received an immediate confirmation after booking and reminder confirmation the day before the flight was due to leave for Detroit. We arrived at the airport for the trip only to find no one at the Spirit counter to check us in. We called the 800* number and reservation clerk told us that the flight was to leave shortly. We told her we couldn't find any Spirit personnel. She went off line, called the airport and came back and said the flight had been canceled. We were shocked! What horrible service and what a major inconvenience and disappointment for us. We will never ever consider Spirit and will recommend to everyone to stay away.

I will never patronize this airline again!

Spirit airlines should be investigated and possibly fined for their sell and cancel flight practices. After making reservation form LA to Grand Cayman, paying for the flight and booking hotels in February 2007 for travel in May 2007, the airline decided to cancel the flight.

There was no advisement sent to my home address, and it was only after I contacted the airline to reconfirm 30 days before the flight that I became aware that they changed my flights by two days without my permission.

After requesting a refund, it has been almost 30 days and the airline has not refunded the amount over $1000. to my credit card. What they DID do is refund the travel insurance almost immediately. I lost money on the non-refundable hotel booking typical for Cayman island reservations.

To refund a customers money based on involuntary flight cancellation does not require a degree in rocket science. Spirit earns money on the interest on my money, while I pay credit card interest. I don't believe I am alone, and if one assumes thousands of others had the same misfortune, it makes a bundle in ill gained profit for this inferior carrier. This may be on the edge of being legal, but it is immoral.

Spirit airlines may offer cheap flights, but their ability to provide customer service is atrocious. I will never patronize this airline again even if they offer 1 cent flights as they engage in suspicious practices, not to mention they all but ruined a planned dive vacation in the Cayman islands.

• Mo
    Mohammad Tambra May 20, 2007

Thats what Spirit Airline did to me and Customer Service told me on the Phone prove it if we left the gate early... and the station manger told me sorry... I cant help you or i cant verify if plan left early but i have phone recored... they left early

is there any law if airline departs early by more then 20 mints they should held reliable for passenger...

they refuse to get me in other plan and also i paid for my own ticket which cost me more then 200 and spend night on airport floor.

• Ca
    Catherine Duarte May 30, 2007

I am very disappointed to hear of the discontinuance of the non-stop flight from Prov. RI to Ft. Myers. We used that service every month. I speak for many RI friends who did the same. We are Americans and we want to fly in America. That should be the top priority of an American airline. I am no longer interested in any Spirit Airline flights and will unsubscribe to their e-mails.

• Mi
    Michael Driscoll Feb 26, 2008

Mr. President,
    We expect a proper response to this matter. The American people were never timely informed so as to make an informed choice as to fly on this violated Air Carrier. That simply is not right. Would you fly on Air Force One if you were informed there was a security breach of established protocol?. I know you wouldn't.
    Why then did the Federal government say nothing while the innocent traveling public were boarding Spirit Airlines while they were being investigated by Federal Agencies?
    The Federal government put the traveling public at undue risk because they knew that Spirit Airlines was being investigated and was violated for this security breach and said nothing. This is not acceptable. We want a response to this matter from your office.

Sincerely
    Michael Driscoll
    former Captain Spirit Airlines
    734-397-2909
    CC: Senator Levin

----- Original Message -----
    From: Michael Driscoll
    To: The Whitehouse ; OIG DOT
    Cc: Michael F. McKinley ; Gwendolyn Stroud ; Carl Welke ; Efrain A Arroyo ; Greg M Lietke ; OIG DOT ; Roy Spencer ; Ben Baldanza
    Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 7:02 AM
    Subject: Failure to inform in a timely manner

Dear Senator Levin,
    I am writing to you to express total outrage on behalf of the innocent traveling public who flew on Spirit Airlines who were not given an informed choice in a timely manner as to the Airline being violated by the OIGDOT for falsification of post 911 security forms. The government knew about such activity and they failed to make it public that the traveling public was at risk. We find this a failure by our government once again to be timely and in concert in real time to the American public.
    We are calling on your office as to why we were not informed in a timely manner. We want answers not excuses from the FAA,OIGDOT, and Spirit Airlines.

Sincerely
    Michael Driscoll
    former Senior Captain Spirit Airlines
    734-397-2909

bogus bait & switch practices!

I have been watching Spirit Air for months since they bilked me out of $900...they always run ads like the...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices