Sonic Drive In / product

1 Oxford StreetPontotoc, MS, United States Review updated:

I went to sonic today, wanting to get a sonic blast with extra Reese's and a strawberry milkshake for my mother. A few minutes laterm the carhop arrives at my car with a strawberry milkshake filled to the rim, and my sonic blast with Reese's and whipped cream on top. If you have ever gotten one of these, you know that the blast usually comes up above the rim of the cup into the clear top. Not today! Today my blast was double cupped and was only half way full- even with the whipped cream on top. I pressed the order button again, but instead of ordering another rip off item, I asked them if there was some reason why my blast was half-way filled with ice cream. She said they would have someone right out. I told them to forget it. I wanted them to know of their mistake, but I didn't want spit in my food. I mean, c'mon, if they wanted to save money, they could stop putting an empty cup under everything I order and GIVE ME MY ICE CREAM!!! argh!

Comments

7th of Apr, 2010

First of all, you are absolutely correct in the fact that your shake should not have been double cupped. There are signs posted and they told us in training to NEVER double cup an order. Throw it away and start again.

However, it sounds to me like the manager tried to remedy the problem that he/she was not responsible for and you not only refused the service but were rude. Believe it or not, not everyone who makes crap wages spits in people's food. I have had to take my order back to McDonald's several times because of mistakes. I am always polite and the problem is always fixed. I'm sure the situation would be remedied if you would take a step back and realize that these people barely make minimum wage. They don't get paid enough to deal with people like you.

• Gr
      28th of Apr, 2011

Honestly most people joke about messing with peoples food but never do anything about it. Worst thing we ever did was write mean words with mustard or mayo on their burgers.
    But i agree with the person above. You shouldnt have gotten so mad and calmly asked for it to be fixed
    They could have had a new worker who messed up cause beleive it or not ive had a girl barly fill up a blast and she had no idea why i was getting mad at her.