SnapFish / e-mails threatening to close my account

United States Review updated:
I originally had HP photo, for free, as I purchased an HP machine in the early 2003. Then HP sold off to Snapfish. Then Snapfish came 'free' (it had always been to be before as HP Photo) to Comcast users. Then I moved and they would NOT let me change my account info. Not only that, I can no longer download my photos as I could with HP Photo, and if I do, they're half the size as I uploaded. This is 2008, and Snapfish took over in 2005. WHY they won't let me change something as simple as my e-mail address, who knows!

On 11/2/08 I received an e-mail from Snapfish telling me that if I don't 'purchase' something from them that they are going to close my account. Yes, the account with them I had no choice in, and that I have no ability to change. I immediately responded asking them why do I have to purchase, and if they're really going to close it. I asked that they send my my library on CD so they can close my account.

I have gone through (2) computers and ALL my photos are on that account. I would be DEVISTATED if they closed it; it's bad enough I can't retreive them without them looking like a postage stamp! My lesson learned by not making my own back-up, but shame on them for 'threatening' me with these e-mails when they don't even have the courtesy to respond. As far as I know, in one week I won't be able to access my last 5+ years of photos!

DO NOT USE SNAPFISH!

Comments

So
  26th of Nov, 2008
I ordered the free photo book offered by snapfish on the Oprah show. I made it and ordered it. Now it says cancelled order. So I emailed them asking why it was canceled and that I did not want it canceled. Now I received an email from their "smart assistant" stating that they are sorry that I am leaving them and my account will be immediately canceled! Ahh! No, I didn't want that! I have credits for photos, the photobook I just made, & the last 5 years of photos- including my 2nd & 3rd babies being born! I emailed them about an unrelated subject over a week ago, so how long is this reply going to take???
Ta
  18th of Jun, 2009
I know this was a few months ago but did they end up closing your account?? I use Picture it and am happy with that. I have been getting text messages from snapfish but I am on the no call list.

Snapfish Logo Snapfish