Menu
Lifetouch
reviews & complaints

Lifetouch
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

213 complaints
16 resolved 197 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Lifetouch. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
12:32 am

Lifetouch - Prek class photo

I ordered my child's class picture online on 4/29/22. The picture was taken on 5/5/22 and orders were distributed to students on 5/26/22. However, my child did not receive one. I asked her teacher and she didn't know why we never received a photo. I contacted LifeTouch myself the following week and they were unable to locate her class photo because there was no photo under the order number. I provided the picture day id and they STIILL could not locate it even with the school name, teachers name, child name, etc..I've called multiple times and each time I get the same response: they can't locate the photo and call back after 2-3 days. I called AGAIN today 6/15/22 and they still cannot locate her class photo 3 weeks later. I honestly don't understand how this happened. I don't want a refund because I want the only photo of my child with classmates she will never be in a picture with again. So disappointed.

Desired outcome: I would like the class photo

D
9:41 am

Lifetouch - School id badge

I called 4 times trying to get a new school ID for my daughter. This is what the school instructed me to do. I was told several times that the ID was being mailed. The ID never showed up and it’s been months. It’s ridiculous that a company this large, that services many schools cannot mail a simple ID to a child. I even offered to pay for the ID. I’ll need is a school ID for my child with her spring picture on it. Is this really that difficult for a big company? If it is then you guys probably shouldn’t be running a company.

Desired outcome: A NEW ID with the SPRING picture obviously

B
9:36 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered my great grandson's preK pics at least 2 months ago. The one with his cap and gown is the one I wanted more than any of them but, I ordered several poses including the one with cap and gown. I get the photos and the ones I got were great but, the one with the cap and gown not in the package. I have tried many times to order it and nothing work...

T
12:18 pm

Lifetouch - School pictures

This company is cruel, I paid for school pictures for my son and the pictures are atrocious, your people require training with working with small children, these pictures cannot be hung any where, I would like a refund or a voucher for new pictures

His eyes wide open, teeth a grin, y'all wrong bruh!

These pictures were taken on May 9, 2022 @the Cecil Parker Elementary school in Mount VERNON New York

Order #R4662745175

Session ID: 2YDWC6RY/FOW8FMDFX

Packing code: AABB

Desired outcome: Refund or a gift voucher for new pictures

S
5:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, I am Sara Gonzalez, the administrative assistant at Dozier-Libbey Medical High School. Our Point of contact for Lifetouch is Jenny Wright. I had such a good experience with Lifetouch at the Middle School that I didn't think I would ever have as many issues as I did coming over to the High School. The year started, Rocky. In our 1st photo session, I...

D
4:21 pm

Lifetouch - Privacy violations and terrible customer service

The company sent me a picture of a random child even though I had never heard of the company before or signed up for any account or service. I can't believe they sent photos of someone's kid to a stranger, this is very unsafe and a privacy violation. I received this email on May 6th, 2022 at 7:02am.

I reported the incident to their customer service which only served to waste hours of my time with no result.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered and paid for pictures for my son. Not only did the pictures never come, but I had to call to have them resent to my home. When the pictures finally arrived they were of a child that I do not know. I'm not understanding why I can't receive what I paid for. This is getting ridiculous, pictures cost way too much to have to go through these issue...

L
3:23 pm

Lifetouch - School portraits

Lifetouch is NOT professional with the lack of amount of time that they keep your child's school photo on file to place an order. I tried to order my daughter's school pictures from last spring, and was told that they only keep your photo on file for 11.5 months. This is not acceptable for people who are not able to order at the time - good photographers such as Smart Photography keep your images on file for a period of 5 years and are proud to provide this service to their valued clients. I have no idea why schools even use Lifetouch - the picture quality is terrible, they don't care about getting a good pose for the student, their website is horrible to navigate and place an order, customer service is rude, and now I find out that they don't keep your photos for even a year. I would not recommend this company at all and I hope that schools stop using them so that they can learn what good customer service is all about when they have no clients.

Desired outcome: Get my pictures back so that I can at least order my child's memories

A
10:39 pm

Lifetouch - Inconsiderate photographer and assistant.

My gorgeous daughter got her photos taken twice from this horrible company called lifetouch. They are the worst photographer and ass-istant. Ive never had such horrible school photos taken by such an inconsiderate, incompetent company in my life. I dress her up like a doll and fix her hair, but both times the incompetent photo workers couldn’t even set up her hair for a fuckin simple photo. She looks like she just rolled out of bed with messy ass hair all over the place and running across her face. I have never hated with a passion such a company ever before. Who the fuck works like that. I won’t ever purchase photos again from this company, ever.

-Annie

Desired outcome: Worthless company has nothing to offer.

R
4:44 pm

Lifetouch - Pictures

My daughter 11th grade had her pictures taken in October 2021... lifetouch lost the entire school's portraits... have had multiple phone calls to your company to reorder. This is the 4th order you "claim" to be sending me...6 months later still haven't recieved our pictures! The school year is almost over... do you think I could get my pictures before she graduates high school?! I seriously can't believe how bad your company has messed up... I'm irritated and angry and want the pictures I paid for 6 months ago!

Desired outcome: I'd like to receive the pictures I paid for!

M
2:13 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son Wyatt is in the first grade at Holiday Hill Elementary in Jacksonville FL. He had Spring pictures done March 3, 2022 We have always used Life touch for my son's pictures, as for his school pictures. In my son's photos you can clearly see 2 white squares on both sides of his cheeks. Like they were blemishing his face for some reason, when I ordered...

N
11:44 am

Lifetouch - Product refund

Two months ago I received my pictures from Lifetouch through JCPenney's. They turned out very pixelated and blurry, I reached out to Lifetouch and was promised a full refund if Sent back the pictures with a dark X marked over them. I did. I was then told my refund would take 5-7 business days to process, after waiting three weeks I still had not received anything so I called back. I was then tossed around on the phone until they finally transferred me to someone who could help, only for them to tell me that their refund department is running behind. I then asked for a confirmation on that, this is what they sent me.

It has now been pushing month 4 and I still have not received my "Guarantied full refund"

Desired outcome: Refund me like promised.

K
2:50 pm

Lifetouch - Product

I’m not sure why my sons school does not hire another company. Life touch picture quality sucks and the schools seriously need to get a new company. I also feel like life touch does not know what to do when it comes to taken pictures darker skin complexion kids. Horrible company. I guess as long as the school is using this company I won’t be paying for my kids pictures. I can take better school pictures on my iPhone myself.

Desired outcome: Resign from taking school pictures

M
2:26 pm

Lifetouch - Not receiving pictures

I ordered my sons kindergarten pictures (his first year of school) in November of 2021 and it is now February 2022 and I’m being told I will not receive the items I paid for. It is absolutely ridiculous that my kids go to the same school did their pictures the same time and I received my daughters but can’t get my sons. I will not be a returning customer to this company at all.

Desired outcome: I’d like to receive the pictures I paid for.

T
5:18 pm

Lifetouch - Lifetouch

My son's school pictures were taken by Lifetouch. I received the pictures and noticed a random blue streak on his face. I contacted customer service via chat. They attempted to correct their mistake by reprinting the pictures and sending them to me. Unfortunately the pictures still had the same random blue streak.

This is unacceptable from professional photographers.

Desired outcome: I did received a refund however I am disappointed that I don't have quality pictures for this school year. Lifetouch needs to rise to the professional status that they claim to have.

J
11:53 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A couple of years ago I ordered my daughter's school pictures and the prices were more than reasonable when it came to the packages as well as being able to customize the pictures to my liking. I didn't order pictures last year because I wasn't happy with the proofs, simply because my daughter didn't even have a slight smile in them. This year I liked the...

J
4:13 pm

Lifetouch - Picture not received check cashed months ago.

Ordered pictures of my grandson months ago (Mt. Blue school) and money was taken out of my account. I work at a different school and understand the process and I am wanting my pictures that were already paid for. Phone number given on website does NOT work and I can not reach anyone. Will it take a drive to Gardner to get this resolved? Name: Joan Goodrow; Address: 45 Lake Shore Drive, Canton, Maine; Phone number: 207-491-2916 or work telephone number 388-2681 (Hartford Sumner School).

Desired outcome: To hear from someone (anyone) regarding where my paid pictures are!!!

C
12:02 pm

Lifetouch - School Picture

This company is pathetic. They never sent my son's class picture and when I contacted them months later they said it was in the printing phase and would be sent out soon. A month later, still nothing! So, today I called again and despite it being January 7th their voicemail says they are closed in observance of the holiday. How could a company be so unorganized that a week later they still haven't realized their out of office message is still on? The sad thing is we saw the proof and it was a great picture of my son, but I guess screwing people out of money is really what this company is all about.

Desired outcome: I want my son's picture!!

L

Lifetouch - Product and service

The photographer did not care to focus in correctly on my child face. She stated he was rushing her and the quality of the picture shows. Only one side of my daughter face is showing. These are memorable moments for families and the photographer should show more care and concern of children photos! I will never purchase from this company ever again! I have a large social platform and I definitely posted the horrible display from this company! Many ppl had nothing but bad things to say

S
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered pictures for both of my daughters (54​06925270 for Jessie and 54​06925262 for Kyleen) on October 7, 2020 at Holy Spirit Catholic School. Please compare these photos to previous photos of my kids. The quality is just not as good. The lighting, the touch up (Kyleen's teeth look yellow and Jessie has an abnormal check crease) and blurry. The previou...

Lifetouch contacts