Smart Style / poor customer service

1 Griffin, GA, United States Review updated:

I called Smart Styles to find out their hours of service on a Sunday and to find out some other questions before I decided to take my 2 1/2 year old daughter to get her first hair cut. The lady that answered the phone did not want to help me at all, she told me right away that she was doing a relaxer in a lady's hair and I told her I just wanted to know what their hours were. She told me and then when I wanted to know if they do baby's first hair cut she quickly answered yes and then really rudely repeated herself about putting a relaxer in a lady's hair. I don't understand why she answered the phone if she's not willing to answer a couple of questions to get my business. That made me so mad that I am taking my business to Fantastic Sams because to me getting my baby's first hair cut is suppose to be special.

Comments

• Je
      30th of Mar, 2009

I agree. I went to Smart Style in Wal-Mart to get a haircut for my then 6yr old daughter and we wanted a cut like the rachael cut. The lady told me that that is not a cut for her age and she said it wouldn't be age appropriate, but I ignored her and had her cut it anyways. When the cut was done, I made a comment that the cut was really cute and the stylist said, "yeah for a 30yr old woman". I will never go there again and I haven't been back. They Suck anyways! I now go to Great Clips.

25th of Mar, 2010

I am a mother of 4 and work full time. Today we went to wal mart to pick up the usual easter party supplies for school. My daughter of 4 asked if she could get her hair cut. So after getting stuff for the parties we stop at smart style. I normally do not get their hair cuts here but i thought "it should be ok". Well I was wrong. We walked in at 6:20, signed in her name. There were 3 ladies working at this point One was finishing up a style, one walked out into walmart and the last girl was helping people coming into the store asking about products plus trying to do a wax. Finally around 6:45 my daughters name is called. At that time there was only one lady working. She was trying to cut my daughters hair. She had to stop at least 3 times to help other people coming in. At 6:57 she asked the other girl, who was in the back, if she was ready to come back to help. Her reply was well what time is it. So, she answered back to her "its 3 mins. til 7". The girl in the back said well its not time for me to clock back in. I could not believe my ears. Knowing that they were busy. Can you imagine sitting there that long with 4 children. Finally Told the lady at the counter who was suppose to be cutting my daughters hair that i was getting angery. That she had to keeping stopping when there is a girl in the back not doing anything. At this point she had made 3 cuts to back of my daughters hair, which was very uneven, I took my daughter out of the chair and left. Thankfully there is a place open in the mall that could fix my daughters hair at 7:30 at night. That took all of 15 mins. with no interuptions. I was in and out of there.