Sixt.com / car rental
I booked a small suv on January 12 to travel with my daughter and 9 month old granddaughter from LA to Colfax CA. We are here on vacation from Ireland. We picked the car up on Jan 14 at LA office. On arrival we were informed there was no car in the category we booked and would we accept an 'upgrade' to a larger GMC. I didn't feel comfortable with such a large vehicle so then was offered a BMW x3 which was fine. Danielle the office manager apologized and offered a GPS F.O.C. The tank was quarter full and Danielle said she would credit us for this. The car wasn't very clean but we didn't want to be picky!! On our way to Sacramento a message flashed that we were low on oil. We went to a gas station and put in a quart. A few miles later the same messages appeared and again we put in another quart. Again a few miles later the message flashed again. I rang Danielle a couple of times to explain what was happening and she suggested finding another Sixt shop which we were miles away from. I decided to contact BMW when we reached our destination. It took 12 hours to reach with all the car delays. BMW were very helpful and advised me to get the car towed and not to drive. I contacted Danielle again to advise her. She told me to call Breakdown Assist which I did. I explained the situation to them and they said they would call me back. They didn't. I rang again and they said they would send replacement in 6 hours. This would have been after midnight so I requested early morning next day. She said she would call back to confirm, she didn't . I rang again the following morning and they said they had no details and could I explain AGAIN what the problem was. I felt completely stressed by it all. We hired the car Thursday evening, it is now Sunday at 12pm and no call from Breakdown Assist. I called Danielle again and and explained that BA keep saying they have no information. Basically we waited until 5pm on Sunday for a car (much bigger then we are comfortable with) to arrive and then we had to drive in the dark & rain with a small baby in the back. Completely worried & stressed
Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car Customer Care's Response, Jan 19, 2016
To whom it may concern,
Thank you for contacting Sixt.
We are unable to locate your reservation with the information you have provided. Therefore, we kindly ask that you provide us with one of the following information:
1. Sixt Reservation number (generally, a 10 digit number starting with 98********).
2. Sixt Rental Agreement number (generally, a 10 digit number staring with 93********).
3. Date of rental pick-up, Main driver's name, and pick-up location.
Once received we will further investigate and obtain root of cause for resolution.
Customer Service Department
Sixt Rent a Car, LLC
P.O. Box 460967
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33346-0967
Phone: + 1-888-749 8111
Fax: + 1 954.903.4716
More Sixt.com Complaints & Reviews
- Sixt Car Rental - fraud & scam 
- Sixt - car rental 
- Kemwel - Sixt Car Rental - overcharged 
- Sixt Rent A Car - fraudulent damage claim 
- Sixt Car Rental - insurance fraud 
- Sixt Car Rental - little engine oil
- Sixt Car Rental - payment & service
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - car rent, no compromise, no service
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - sixt rent a car scam
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - I am complaining about extra charges that I wasn't told about