Sirius Satellite Radio / billing

As XM & Sirius subscribers know these companies have merged. They changed the channel line up a few months ago to merge some Sirius channels to XM and vice versa. At that time I had three XM radios and one Sirius radio subscription. The Sirius radio is in my wife's Expedition. It came factory installed. We paid a full year subscription of Sirius at the time of purchase. *This was prior to the merger of the two companies.
When the subscription was about to run out they sent me a bill to continue service for the next year for apprx. $130. The merger was complete and the channel line up change had also been done. I figured I didn't owe the full $130 because I already had three other radios currently under subscription, this should be classified and discounted as an additional radio.
I phoned Sirius and told the CSR my reasoning. She put me thru to her supervisor. I explained again. The guy said, 'You are right. We get these calls all of the time. We have not yet merged our billing systems yet so there is nothing we can do." I asked him what it costs to add an additional radio to an account for a one year subscription. He said $88. I immediately logged on to my Internet Banking and sent Sirius a check for $88. I told the guy the check was on the way and I do not expect to get my service interrupted.
A month later the service was shut off. A couple weeks later Sirius called my cell phone to offer me this great deal to come back. Turns out it was around $80 for a year. I told the guy I dont want the service and to send me my $88 refund back. He said couldnt do that.
Today, apprx 2 months after solicitation I get a letter from a Collection Agency for $35. with Sirius radio as the creditor.
WTF!! They recieved and still have $88 of my money and I havent had service in months. I will probably be filing a lawsuit against them Tuesday morning if this does not go my way tomorrow.
Anyone else having issues with them. Class Action sounds real good.

Cm

Comments

• 1l
      2nd of Oct, 2009

Yes! class action sounds great. I haven't posted my story on here - but it is as ridiculous a case as the rest.
    lmitchell32@gmail.com
    let's go! I'll file in California - which may be a great place to start.

• Bi
      19th of Dec, 2009

just before they mered i call and was told for $80.00 for five months, i would have life timepayed enfull no more payments, guess what still 8 months later, still paying big surprize. factory enstalled sirus like the content. i bought 09 honda xm enstalled no howard stern not has much sirus they said i had to pay $29.00 a month after talking too pepole who had acsents so heavery i could not make out anthing but in the new year it will get it ### togethter, does anyone have something like this told to them?

• Da
      7th of Jan, 2011

Sirius subscribers for over two years, electronic withdrawal each month. Suddenly today, the electronically withdrew nearly $200 for the annual fee without authorization! After talking to many folks at Sirius including a supervisor, advised it is all automated, nothing the can do but submit a refund request to credit my account. This will take at least 7 days. Called my bank and they said if a Sirius rep would phone them, they would credit my account today. Sirius phoned again and advised they can't do that, only an automated program can credit the account and again, will take at least a week. We have cancelled both our subscriptions.

• Da