Shoppers Drug Mart / no public washroom available to customers

Richibucto, Canada Review updated:

I recently was at my local Shoppers Drug Mart with my 3.5 year old son picking up a prescription when he informed me he had to use the washroom. I asked he pharmacist if he could use the washroom and he stated that there was no public washroom only a washroom for staff. This shoppers drug mart is located in a strip mall that has separate entrances and was informed that he have to leave shoppers to go into the mall part of the strip mall to use the facilities. I asked him politely again if he could use it as he's only 3.5yrs old and might not be able to make it and he shrugged his shoulders and said sorry. I understand their store policy however every pharmacy should have a public washroom available. People are coming to pick up prescriptions that could be ill and need to use the facilities . I find it unnaceptable. This shoppers drug mart also has different hours than the strip mall itself therefore the public washroom may not always be available for use for the public if it's after store hours.

Je
Oct 20, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Oct 20, 2017

Many stores these days don't offer public restrooms due to staffing and/or theft. If this is very important to you then you should choose a different pharmacy.