Shoppers Drug Mart / cosmetics department - promotional items

1 Cornwall, Ontario, Canada

I have been purchasing my cosmetics and beauty products from Shoppers for many years because it's convenient, in my neighbourhood and not overpriced. I spend upwards of $1000 per year on beauty products alone - for myself and as gifts. My individual purchases average approximately $150 - $200 per visit and mainly consists of Elizabeth Arden Products. Every Shopper's Drug Mart normally offers a free promotional product whenever I make a purchase . However, EVERY TIME I make a purchase at the Shopper's Drug Mart on Brookdale Avenue in Cornwall, Ontario, I am NEVER offered anything. I've started to ask recently if there are any promotional items. Sometimes I get a direct "no, we don't have any promotions on at the moment." The last two times I asked, I was told "well, let me take a look ... ". On Thursday, November 3, when I inquired, the person serving me said that yes, there was a promotion starting on Saturday, November 5 and she would give me the gift (I had just purchased $280.00 worth of beauty products). Sure enough she gave me a cute little cosmetic bag with some items inside. When I got home and looked at it, it had 4 Prevage items in the bag, but the lipstick and the perfume that were supposed to be in there were missing. This is the second time that I've received "promotional items" that have been obviously picked through by the staff. Did she think I wouldn't notice? This is very unprofessional to say the least and though I've given this particular store more chances than I should have - I'm done now. I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I live very close to Montreal and Ottawa where there always seems to be a very generous promotion gift policy. You've lost a very good customer.

Do