Shaw Direct / customer service

SK, Canada Review updated:

So hope that if you use shaw direct you never have problems. I contacted their customer service representive, talk to a person named Rich. I could not belive how rude they were. Whatever they could say to protect themselves. My advice is use someone else. If you do use them make sure you document every contact you have with them.

Pe

Comments

• Sh
      Jan 14, 2010

Shaw Direct is the most stupid company you can ever do business with.
    they are stupid, Lair, and rude.

i have their stupid flyer it says free HD receiver no contract whatsoever. I did not like their service they have 4 PPV CH 2 off Air for ever one is Hucky i don't like and one plays Star Trek forever how stupid is that?
    they are looser

• Hi
      Feb 04, 2010

You are right we should never pay for a worng compnay like shawdirect they very stupid.
    they do not tell people the truth about what they have,
    they are lair and they are trying to rip me off but i will not let them do that. I have enought documentation to send them direct to hell.

they will never get what they are asking for.

do not trust shawdirect

• Hi
      Feb 04, 2010

Received flayer from them. I mean junk company shawdirect.

I did not like their service they told me that I have to stay one year or retrun the HD receiver or pay 200 fine.

but guess what? they say no contract no condition free HD receiver 50% off for 6 months.
    they do not have any contract with not even signature they is no way they can aprove that so i am thinking to report to BBB here is the address for you
    www.calgary.bbb.org

lets' fight with this junk people we will win they will go to hell soon I hope

@Hiwhy Completeeeee scammers

• Ho
      Feb 15, 2010

what big lair they say customer service matters to us.
    Shawdirect is a looser and I will take them to court very soon.
    I will make them to pay more than their rip off bill they are trying to get from me.

People let's get togother to shutdown this junk comapny ASAP we must tell others the truth.

@HOwong Agreeeeee-nobody use these scammers

• Mv
      Feb 27, 2010

I think they don't care about customers at all otherwise why they would play game with people like this. do they realize how much damages they will get.
    I have been reading about this company for a long time and they have crashed their reputation.

Shaw Direct has no customer service skills at all. They are very rude and a big lair
    I also had some communication with the idiot and a big looser. They think they will get out of this entire rip off but someone will stop them. And they will pay high price for their mistake.

Why not tell people the truth and never get heart.
    Why would I ever LIE to customer?

Loosing one customer wouldn’t be only one may be 1000s

MV

Sep 25, 2018

@MV.MV Sooooo true-on top of billing me longggg after I cancelled - they have the nerve to be rude

• Sh
      Mar 12, 2010

Looser always loooooose that would be SHAWDIRECT

they are LIAR take a look at their flayer NO CONTRACTS they say but when you cancel they wil ltry to charge you $237.00 but the question is who will pay for this IDIOTS

• Ou
      Mar 31, 2010

Unfortunately, the only other alternative to Shaw Direct is Express Vu, and they are even worse. So what kind of decision do we, the consumer, have? We can either pick one lying service provider or another lying service provider.

This is not just affecting the satellite television field either. Look at all the large companies you get any type of service from. They are all doing the same thing. Screw over the consumer as the consumer has no other choice as they know if we go to another service provider, the service will be just as bad or worse.

I, for one, am getting sick and tired of how we are being treated by these large companies. However, what can we do?

Sep 25, 2018

@outerreach sad world-they happily RIP people off and no consumer protection

• Ro
      Jun 12, 2014

I am absolutely livid with this rip off of a company. I called in on May 29th to close my account - the rep put a note on my file that said I wanted to discuss with my husband - 100% BS. Today I find out that they are billing me until the 11th of July. So they are going to saok me for an extra 2 weeks of service that I will not be using.

Sep 25, 2018

@rocknrollwriter Same thing-they soaked me for $158...tell all of your friends and relative NOTTTTTT to use them-full on scammers

Sep 25, 2018

TERRIBLE company-lots of bad ones but this one takes the cake...I asked them to stop my services, and they relentlessly sent me bills-NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR use this company-they are horrendous scammmmmers

• Ae
      Oct 04, 2018

My family and I have only had Shaw Direct for 6 months. We have only a 50% signal. Most stations we want to watch won't come in. This is definitely not worth $90.30 per month. If we only get 50%, then we should only be paying half of what they charge. Wish we had Direct TV like the Americans do.

• Ro
      Apr 05, 2019

Shaw seem to be very good at giving themselves raises every year, every time I get a small raise on my pension, Shaw takes the whole thing. Another thing is they bill for the up coming month right on the same day as the previous month is due. Unfortunately they are the only TV/ Internet provider available in my area. They are a terrible greedy company !!