Shaw Cable / no customer service

Canada Review updated:

Customer service at Shaw is at an all-time low.

Try calling them and sitting on hold for two hours waiting for one of the few representatives to finally answer your call. Then ask for something as simple as my channel guide and they end up emailing me a 5-page list of all the channels they offer, 1/4 of which don't have channels associated with the program and 1/4 I don't subscribe too. In the end, I get to flip to numerous channels I don't get and hopefully find a channel I am subscribed too.

• Updated by BDJ2004, Jan 28, 2018

Lastly, I've never been late with a payment but I'm pretty sure if I didn't pay for a few months, they would cut my services off in a heartbeat and call me numerous times a day to get paid. Hats off to Shaw!

Bd
Jan 28, 2018

Comments

• He
      Oct 05, 2018

This morning, like every day now, I had to re-set my modem to even get WIFI on my available networks. Once I select it (I have internet 150 which costs $110 per month) I cannot even get a strong enough connection to run a speedtest. Notice OOKLA give Shaw a 1 star.

The technician said it CANNOT be fixed until the 8 months of repairs are finished and everyone of the acreage customers is mad at him. The telephone customer service has a standard line "no refunds or compensation of any kind until the problem is resolved". So I keep paying $110 for no internet, then once it is "fixed" hope customer service approves a full refund???

• Ro
      Jan 10, 2019

[censored]ng 40 mins on hold every time I call these guys to find out why my PVR doesnt work properly and after 30 40 mins have to give up, why do I pay these guys $170 a month and dont even watch this and when I do it doesnt work is beyond me 😡🤬
    #shaw