Sears.comonline order defective on delivery

I received my Sears.Com order today of a Craftsman gas powered weed whacker. After putting it together and following the instructions on how to start it, the 2nd step of "pushing in the choke button until it clicks" doesn't work. The choke button does absolutely nothing, therefore the engine won't start. I phoned customer service and was told to replace it at my nearest Sears store. Well, all of my nearby Sears have closed down and the nearest one is more than 50 miles away (which is why I order online). He then said to return it through UPS. Well here is the major problem, UPS will NOT accept to ship the item since it now has flammable liquids in it (gas and oil). Even if I dump the liquids it still doesn't qualify for shipping because it's still considered hazardous. I explained this to "Tom" my customer service rep and he seemed clueless as to what I was saying. All he kept repeating is he could send me a return slip to return, but UPS has said that I CANNOT SHIP IT BACK. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Since I can't bring it to a store and I can't ship it back and I was told no Sears repairman is available to be sent for this, what do they expect me to do? I've emailed them twice at [protected]@Searshc.com and have yet to receive ANY response. I am LIVID!

Te
Apr 25, 2018

Comments

• Hu
      Aug 26, 2019

Do NOT order from Sears !!! Run the other way, pay more, whatever just Do Not order from Sears. Placed order, waited almost a month, got email, order in, drive over 1 hour round trip, Sears hometown store says not in, but they aren't Sears ?!?!.next week truck, call store, say it's in, drive again over 1 hour found trip, 104 degree heat. Nope not there WTH!!! Talked to online chat 3 x's, promised refunds, delivery and everything else but, guess what NOPE !! Now my order says delivered !!! Never even saw it, and they have my money. Going to BBB and Consumer affairs. Absolutely disgusting experience. I am the on line orderer for everyone at work and my family, friends, Never again will it be Sears ! No customer service at all, rip off!! Order # [protected]