Sears.com / restocking fee

1 Calcutti, United States Review updated:

I purchased a compact refrigerator on Sears.com for pick-up at the Sears store in Calcutti, Ohio. I called Sears.com's 1-800 number and cancelled my order within 24 hours and now I've been charged a RESTOCKING FEE. Prior to ordering it, the website said I would have the refrigerator within 5 days. When I got the confirmation email it said 15 days. I didn't want to wait forever so I cancelled the order. The store owner gave me the runaround saying that he didn't charge me a restocking fee, but it sure showed up on my charge card. However, he told me it is their policy to charge one. When I phoned Sears.com everyone I spoke to had a different story and placed me on hold for 10 minutes at a time while the representatives spoke to their supervisor. None it apeared knows Sears' refund policy. I had to tell them what their website said about restocking fees on cancelled item. THERE IS NO RESTOCKING FEE! Finally after 3 weeks of calls, they got rude and told me to talk to the store and around and around it went. According to their website, Sears.com does NOT charge a restocking fee. And the store in Calcutti, Ohio charges a restocking fee! So now I'm fighting to get my money back. And this is to warn anyone considering doing business with Sears. If you don't want it, don't buy it from Sears. I found a NICER AND LESS EXPENSIVE compact refrigerator at Lowes. The salesman was very nice. I'm planning on buying a full sized refrigerator. I'll be going to Lowes instead of Sears., although I had my eye on a Kenmore. I will no longer buy a Sears product. They just lost a 30+ year customer. Their representatives and store owners are RUDE, UNKNOWLEDGEABLE and have NO CONCERNS for their customers. But then that's big business.

Lf

Comments

• Un
      19th of Apr, 2009

I bought a weed eater at Corpus Christi Texas and I took it home. I opened the box and tried to turn it on but the weed eater was not working. I took the weed eater back but they wanted to charge me 15% restocking fee because I opened the box. I was really upset so I will never go back to Sears again. If their product is defective, why I have to pay the restocking fee. That been said the model I bough was the last one on stock so they did not have anymore to replace it.