Sears.com / ordering from sears.com was a big mistake!
We ordered a stove and microhood from Sears.com and picked it up at West Lebanon NH store. The stove and microwave were both malfunctioning from day 1. The microwave made a chirping noise whenever we would use it and the front door on the stove could not be removed due to an improperly functioning hinge. We called Sears to come fix these problems. Big Mistake.
Visit 1: Repairman comes to assess the situation. Orders a hinge for the stove and a new motor for the microwave.
Visit 2: Repairman comes to work on stove and determines that the wrong hinge was sent. He can not work on microwave, because he doesn't have the work order. He tells us that we need to uninstall the microwave anyway for him to change the part.
Visit 3: We uninstall the microwave before this visit. Another repairman comes and is confused as to why the first guy thought we needed to uninstall it. He replaces the microwave motor and does not test the microwave before leaving. He uses a hammer to remove the door from the stove and installs the hinge in the stove that the previous guy thought was the wrong one. He then breaks the outer glass on the stove door and reinstalls it.
Now he leaves. I test the microwave and it turns out he installed the wrong motor in the wrong place and now it not only chirps, but the turn table is broken. The oven door does not stay closed enough to turn out the oven light. We called Sears.com and they agreed to replace the appliances, which is great! It then takes two days of going between Sears.com and the store we picked up the appliances from getting the run around and being sent in circles to finally get to a point where someone at Sears.com finally figured out what needed to be done and took care of it.
More Sears.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - je more elite
- Sears - master protection agreement not honored
- Sears Brands - protection agreement division
- Sears Home Improvements - gutters and soffits
- Sears Brands - working conditions