Sears / maytag (atlantis)

Visalia, CA, United States Review updated:
Purchased this Maytag (atlantis) from Sears under false advertising. I thought I was purchasing an original Maytag. December 4, 2008 I had it serviced for the first time because the spin cycle and pump went out. The repair man told me that this was not a maytag and that these people who are selling them as an orignal have lied to the public. Maytags are two belt driven and will last for many years before any parts go out. These Atlantis's will only last 4 - 6 years and you need to purchase a washing machine again. These machines are not maytags. The store does not let you know that. They let you think you are purchasing an original. If I would have know this I would have kept my original 25 years old Maytag. I bought a new one because of color...Boy was I taken. Now I am $200.00 out for service and a machine that will break down in about 2 years. Has anyone looked into this yet. This is called Bait and Switch if I am correct. Whatever, I was taken for a ride and lied too. I am very disappointed in Sears.
Co

Comments

An
  10th of Dec, 2008
Maytag appears to have discontinued Atlantis, but I have found references to it on their website.

It's your repairman who doesn't know what he's talking about, not the store.

Contact Maytag and ask them about your washer before you start making assumptions.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands