Sears / price matching!

UT, United States Review updated:
My husband called me from Sears Dept store to tell me about the dishwashers they had on sale and while he was giving me the makes and models over the phone I was online checking consumer reviews of each dishwasher. I found a better price for a Bosch Dishwasher that beat Sears’s price for the same item by $135. My husband relayed this information to the rep and she said all we needed was a printout and yes, Sears would match the price and not only that we would receive an additional 10% off!
So my husbands returned home, got the printout and made the 20 min drive back to the store. Well gosh darn it, wouldn't you know it-"actually it's only "Local" online competitors prices we match".

Now we checked the website and yes it says local retailers online but in the exclusions list it says nothing about other online competitor’s prices being excluded.

Comments

Lu
  18th of Feb, 2013
Sooo, what is the problem? Brick and mortar stores can't be expected to match prices of online only retailers who only pay for a small web team, warehousing and shipping. Sears provides you with experts on products as well as an actual product to touch and look at in person. If you use a sales person to gather your info, then buy online, not only is that unethical treatment of that person who took the time to help you, you are just a bad person.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands