[Resolved] Sears / Serta Icomfort Mattress / no action to resolve mattress issue
We purchased two Serta iComfort Mattresses a year ago, they have very extended warranty period of 10 or 15 years, these mattresses are almost new, not more than a year old. One Mattress has a bulge coming out of the side that is not normal nor there before, it looks like it has come apart on the inside and is very uncomfortable to sleep on it. The other Mattress looks fine.
Have communicated with Sear since October 2012 via emails, sent more than 5 emals each time explainging the problem and adding pictures they request, have sent over 30 pictures with the various emails. Sears Mattress Warranty Customer Service continue to request more information that does not address the issue. I have requested a warranty replacement AND to this date I have not received any calls. Meanwhile, I am disabled and sleeping on the defective mattress is causing lots of discomfort. I have requested to have a manager contact me, included the name of Sears President and CEO, Louis J. D'Ambrosio to have this reach his attention and still have not had any result, nor have not received a call from a Manager to address this. No responses other than another canned email requesting again more information and pictures that have been already provided. WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR A COMPANY TO STAND BEHINDS IT WARRANTY? HOW MANY MORE PICTURES DO YOU NEED??? WILL LOUIS D'AMBROSIO STAND UP TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE, STAND BEHIND A WARRANTY AND FIX THE ENORMOUS ISSUE OF CREDIBILTY AND LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY. I NEED TO HAVE MY SERTA iCOMFORT MATTRESS REPLACED!!!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Feb 21, 2013
Dear TC Martin,
I am sorry to learn of the discomfort that you are experiencing with your mattress and for the difficulties with trying to get this issue resolved. My name is Misty and I am with the Sears Cares team and we would like to look into this for you to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (TC Martin), phone # used at time of purchase to [protected]@searshc.com.
Social Media Moderator
Social Media Support Team
More Sears / Serta Icomfort Mattress Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund