[Resolved] Sears / Serta Icomfort Mattress / no action to resolve mattress issue

store #01125 in Coral Gables, Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

We purchased two Serta iComfort Mattresses a year ago, they have very extended warranty period of 10 or 15 years, these mattresses are almost new, not more than a year old. One Mattress has a bulge coming out of the side that is not normal nor there before, it looks like it has come apart on the inside and is very uncomfortable to sleep on it. The other Mattress looks fine.
Have communicated with Sear since October 2012 via emails, sent more than 5 emals each time explainging the problem and adding pictures they request, have sent over 30 pictures with the various emails. Sears Mattress Warranty Customer Service continue to request more information that does not address the issue. I have requested a warranty replacement AND to this date I have not received any calls. Meanwhile, I am disabled and sleeping on the defective mattress is causing lots of discomfort. I have requested to have a manager contact me, included the name of Sears President and CEO, Louis J. D'Ambrosio to have this reach his attention and still have not had any result, nor have not received a call from a Manager to address this. No responses other than another canned email requesting again more information and pictures that have been already provided. WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR A COMPANY TO STAND BEHINDS IT WARRANTY? HOW MANY MORE PICTURES DO YOU NEED??? WILL LOUIS D'AMBROSIO STAND UP TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE, STAND BEHIND A WARRANTY AND FIX THE ENORMOUS ISSUE OF CREDIBILTY AND LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY. I NEED TO HAVE MY SERTA iCOMFORT MATTRESS REPLACED!!!

• Resolution statement

• Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Feb 21, 2013

Dear TC Martin,

I am sorry to learn of the discomfort that you are experiencing with your mattress and for the difficulties with trying to get this issue resolved. My name is Misty and I am with the Sears Cares team and we would like to look into this for you to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (TC Martin), phone # used at time of purchase to [protected]@searshc.com.

Misty H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Social Media Support Team

Tc
Feb 15, 2013

Comments

Oct 20, 2015

I agree with the buyers issue, I have a similar complaint, bought a king size Serta I Comfort from them, and they have declined my warranty, as the law tag is missing. Ironically we have never removed it, and they installed the bed. Sad that they sell this garbage and will not stand behind the product at all. Absolute garbage, I almost cringe when I see Serta I comfort advertisements on Tv, they are junk, I don't know anyone who likes them after a year or two. I know more people seeing chiropractors after two years of owning one. I wish I had never allowed them to take away my 10 year old bed. I bought garbage and sad to say, Sears KNOWS they are garbage, yet they will not honor the warranty, paperwork in hand, all documents, except this missing law tag. I have all tags on the bed still, same with box springs, I feel they removed it, knowing these things are junk and they want to get away without warranting them! JUNK!