Sears Riding Lawn Mower / denied rebate
On Saturday morning 22 March 2008 I went to our local Sears Dealer to purchase a riding lawnmower that was advertised on sale for the amount of $999.99. Upon arrival I told the manager of the store that I wanted to purchase the mower that was priced $999.99. He then proceeded to tell me that another mower was on sale and would be a better deal for me. He showed me the mower that was priced $1099.99, he also pointed out that it had more horse power.
He told me that I was getting the upgraded mower for the same price since I would receive a rebate in the amount of $100.00.
When I wrote a check to pay for the mower his attendant filled out the rebate form, put it in an envelope and even addressed it for me. I took it home, put a stamp on it and mailed it.
In view of the above I firmly believe that I was duped and misled.
I am a very senior citizen living on a very modest fixed income.
I am of the opinion that I should not be responsible for this obvious mistake and that I should be penalized for a mistake that the store made and I should be entitled to a rebate of the $100.00.
Your attention into this matter would be greatly appreciated.
641 Bryan Dr
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
More Sears Riding Lawn Mower Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears Kenmore Elite - Model # 795.74025.412
- Sears Brands - refrigerator issues, not wanting to replace it
- Sears Parts Direct - I am complaining about return and overall service
- Sears Johnson City Mall - credit for cancelled item
- Sears Holdings Corp - refrigerator warranty program