Sears Rebate Scam / Service / rebate
We bought almost $2000 of appliances from Sears. The $75 rebate and discounts made Sears a better choice to buy at. When I specifically asked about how the rebate would be sent, i.e. would I get cash; not one of those idle promises, the salesman told me absolutely it would be a check for cash.
Over 6 weeks later, we received a Citi Rebate card for $75 which as soon as you go to use it will activate a Citi bank debit card with all their fees and terms - what a scam!
I sat on the phone for 2 days to try get hold of someone at Sears to complain, and see if it could be resolved by sending a cheque.
1 - it is extremely difficult to find the # to call anywhere on the Sears websites or accounts.
2 - I called the general Sears # 2 -3 times, but could barely understand the operators (I am a foreigner so dont take this as chauvinism), when I finally talked to someone she said it would take 3-4 months to resolve!
3 - Then I called the Citi card program, and she said my issue was with the store for telling me the wrong thing. I have the contract and form with me and all say that you can opt out and select cash; but I couldnt find anyone to execute it.
We will be cancelling our regular Sears cards, and now I am very worried about the quality of the service program for the appliances, and we are considering returning the appliances.
I dont think Sears tracks its service metrics very well, otherwise they would see the writing on the wall.
More Sears Rebate Scam / Service Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - Repair Service
- Sears Brands - kenmore elite refrigerator
- Sears Brands - contractors
- Sears - master plan protection agreement
- Sears Mattress - customer service