Sears PartsDirect / poor performance!

Phone: (800) 252-1698

I am finally posting a complaint forewarning all about Sears PartsDirect after many experiences of similar poor performance in getting parts for Sears Kenmore appliances. It is my guess that this outfit is in fact a separate contractor used by Sears and other retailers to peddle their repair parts on the web. I say this as I am on my third event now where PartsDirect have not delivered as promised and when you call to complain, they immediately put you over to "Sears Public Relations" at another location. It has been my experience with these other people (if indeed Sears people) that they are just as bad (or good if you like) at "promise more, deliver less."

I have a huge Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator about 8 years old. The evaporator fan motor has become noisy which is nuisance to listen to but more importantly, if it fails then the whole system fails and you come home to a big puddle of water. I looked the parts up I wanted online at PartsDirect and placed the order on 4/18/2008. All parts were noted as "in stock" but I got a notice a few days later that the evaporator motor was on backorder until May 9th. I did receive the replacement fan blade and was told the mounting grommets had shipped but never received any tracking info. By May 12th I had not received the grommets nor had I received notice that the motor backordered for May 9th had shipped.

I called PartsDirect and learned that the motor was backordered again this time until June 9th and was told that the grommets showed as having shipped by UPS and were probably in transit (2 weeks later?). They could not give me a tracking number but said that I could get it at their website which I couldn't. Tracking for every item said "pending".

So I called to complain again and was put over to their "Customer Relations" department which is just a way to get problem calls off the parts line and over to a black hole with a mouth that tells you something to quell your upset. The mouth that spoke to me was "appalled" at these events and would investigate this. Someone would be calling me back in 2 to 3 days.

It is now 5 days later and no one ever called back. In the meantime, I went to RepairClinic.Com and ordered the motor for a bit less than Sears PartsDirect. It was in stock, was shipped the same day on three day delivery and arrived in two.

This is the last time I will deal with Sears PartsDirect and also I've purchased my last item from Sears. There has been a lot of speculation about them going out of business and I can see why when they have been producing poor quality goods for the past few years and providing such poor service. We have a house full of their stuff and are sorry to see the change but I expect most it will be replaced by other manufacturers' equipment over the next five or ten years.

Comments

• Nc
      19th of May, 2008

More on the saga of really poor performance by Sears PartsDirect (SPD).

I called SPD on Saturday, May 17th after posting the complaint above. I told the CSR that I had not received a call back from customer relations as promised. The CSR was "appalled" and wanted to immediately connect me to customer relations again. I said "No thanks!" but I'd like to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold for a few minutes and a "supervisor" got on the line, listened to my story and promised to investigate and call back later that day.

It's now three days later and no call back and no surprise either. I did go to the SPD site to check the status of the parts order and guess what? The part that was in-stock when ordered, and then backordered to May 9th a few days later and then backordered to June 9th when I called about this? Where is it now? SPD site says it is backordered until June 30th.

These people are a joke.

• Se
      15th of Feb, 2009

I work as an associate with sears parts direct and I understand how frustrating backordered parts can be and trust me its a shame when it does happen but it doesn't happen often and customer relations and sears parts direct are in the same building, we are not an outside entity or third party contractor. As far as never recieving a callback I find that hard to believe but if that did happen I apologize and I'm deeply regretfully of the service you recieved.

• Fr
      29th of Apr, 2010
    Sears Partsdirect - Sent wrong part
    Sears PartsDirect
    Phone: 1 800 252-1698
    searspartsdirect.com

Ordered an electric clutch ($266) for my Sears lawn tractor on April 20, 2010, order# W487413. On April 27th I received a bracket instead of the clutch. I called Sears on April 27 and they said that they would send the correct part. Called back on the 28th for the tracking number for the part and they didn't have any information yet but someone would call me. Never happened!

Checked the PartsDirect web site for shipping information on the 29th - no information. With no shipping information available, this means nothing has been done toward correcting this error.

• Ge
      6th of Jun, 2016

Horrible company!!! I literally just placed this order over the phone only to find out they ordered the wrong part! And they will not let me cancel the order!!! WTF???? They said I have to wait until it is shipped here, call them to get some refund authorization number, and send it back mysel[censored] HOW FRUSTRATING! WHAT AN AWFUL COMPANY!!! STAY AWAY!!!