Sears / sears service dept is a joke

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

COMPLAINT:

My dishwasher broke a month back and I called sears. After I told the customer service guy that my dishwaser had stopped working and I tried fixing it but was unable to he convinced me that I should get the service agreement which would cover everything for 1 year. It was going to cost me $220 but I said fine if it rids me of the hassle for a year.

So he charged my card and set up and appointment a week from then and gave me a time-slot from 8am-5pm. I called up on the morning of the appointment date and they told me the technician should be there by 12. The techinician didnt arrive till 3pm and he took one look at the dishwasher and said he cant to anything because the door was taken out and he would need 2 ppl to fix that (nobody ever told me while selling me the service agreement), so my entire day was wasted.

Next day I called up again to setup another appointment (the earliest was another week later) and this time I requested 2 ppl be sent as the technician had told me. Again I called up on the date of appointment to confirm and they told me that they would send 2 ppl and that the techinician should be in by 12. Needless to say the techinician never showed up, he called me up and said he couldnt get the other person so he wont be coming thus wasting another working day for me. Moreover, he told me that the service agreement was cancelled because of the door beign taken out. He did this by himself with nobody bothering to inform me of this, moreover even though according to him the service agreement had been cancelled, they had happily booked me another appointment. On top of all this when I called the recovery dept they assigned me a case number but the rep with id 11194 was totally a mean person and didnt even acknowledge that sears was at fault.

So the end situation is this .. my dishwasher has been broken for over a month, sears has charged my credit card $220 allready and wasted 2 working days for me withouth having the decency to even fix my dishwasher. This is completely outrageous for a company its size, needless to say I would never be dealing with sears service again, morever I would inform bbb.org and any consumer complaint agency of the aforementioned.

Regards,

Be

Comments

25th of Sep, 2008

We purchased a top of the line Kenmore bottom freezer refrigerator in 2000. Also purchased the MA for 3 years. Well, the month after the 3 years of the MA expired, one of the bin side bracket arms (plastic) broke. I went to Sears and purchased a replacement bracket. Installed the bracket and it failed again IN THE SAME PLACE less than 90 days later. Replaced it again and it FAILED IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE AGAIN!

Now, 2008, I have replaced this same bracket over 12 times and each time it failed in the EXACT SAME PLACE each and every time!

I have written the CEO for Sears 3 times to no avail. We had continued the MA all these years and have had other problems last year where the refrigerator started to warm up and had maintenance to repair it. A couple of months later, the ventilation fan started to fail (bearing made a lot of noise) and other plastic parts of the interior have cracked.

In December 2007 after my second letter to the CEO of Sears, I received a phone call from a person in at the National Customer Service department for Sears. I was told that the next time I had a problem with this refrigerator, Sears would replace the refrigerator. I was give a case number, name and phone number to call. I did this last month only to be told that there was nothing in the case file stating that Sears would replace our refrigerator. So, I wrote my 3rd letter to the CEO and never heard from Sears.

I went to the local Sears store yesterday and spoke with the Store Manager who listened to my complaint and to some degree, understood my fustration. She took my information and said I would receive a phone call within 24 hours. A few hours later, I did receive a phone call from Sears. I was told that I needed to have 3 MAJOR failures in one year before Sears would replace the refrigerator! And, I did not have one major failure! Lets see - refrigerator not cooling food is not a Major failure? And, I guess the bearing for the main fan going south for the winter is not major?

Needless to say, nothing I could say would change this persons views on what I was told by one of their National Customer Service personnel who was calling in response to my writing the CEO for Sears.

Bottom line - I no longer will purchase anything from Sears! They do not stand behind their product nor their word! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SEARS!