Sears / sears service dept is a joke
My dishwasher broke a month back and I called sears. After I told the customer service guy that my dishwaser had stopped working and I tried fixing it but was unable to he convinced me that I should get the service agreement which would cover everything for 1 year. It was going to cost me $220 but I said fine if it rids me of the hassle for a year.
So he charged my card and set up and appointment a week from then and gave me a time-slot from 8am-5pm. I called up on the morning of the appointment date and they told me the technician should be there by 12. The techinician didnt arrive till 3pm and he took one look at the dishwasher and said he cant to anything because the door was taken out and he would need 2 ppl to fix that (nobody ever told me while selling me the service agreement), so my entire day was wasted.
Next day I called up again to setup another appointment (the earliest was another week later) and this time I requested 2 ppl be sent as the technician had told me. Again I called up on the date of appointment to confirm and they told me that they would send 2 ppl and that the techinician should be in by 12. Needless to say the techinician never showed up, he called me up and said he couldnt get the other person so he wont be coming thus wasting another working day for me. Moreover, he told me that the service agreement was cancelled because of the door beign taken out. He did this by himself with nobody bothering to inform me of this, moreover even though according to him the service agreement had been cancelled, they had happily booked me another appointment. On top of all this when I called the recovery dept they assigned me a case number but the rep with id 11194 was totally a mean person and didnt even acknowledge that sears was at fault.
So the end situation is this .. my dishwasher has been broken for over a month, sears has charged my credit card $220 allready and wasted 2 working days for me withouth having the decency to even fix my dishwasher. This is completely outrageous for a company its size, needless to say I would never be dealing with sears service again, morever I would inform bbb.org and any consumer complaint agency of the aforementioned.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - Refund of my money for a cancelled layaway 
- Sears Master Protection Agreement - ge side by side refrigerator
- Sears Brands Kenmore - washing machine
- Sears Brands - kenmore elite grab and go bottom freezer #74002
- Sears Brands - kenmore top mount refrigerator