[Resolved] Sears / scam and rip off!

1 MN, United States Review updated:

We have bought all our appliances from Sears and we have had no complaints until now. We bought a brand new stove that was delivered to our home while I was at work , my husband was home and let the men in little did we know that they have delivered a damaged stove to us. I not having a new stove in over 15 years, I thought it was just me needing to get use to a new stove. I kept trying different things to get my cakes and bars and hams and turkeys to bake right they would get burned on the back side of the stove and be still not done in the front of the stove. I did call the store and talk with the manager and got no satisfaction from that. Now we are having problems with the top burners, they will not light, they click and click because it is a electric start gas stove ( Kenmore) but will not light.

We have had a repairman come out now two times he has to come back again with parts for the burner. We purchased the extended warranty. I have called the sears store again to inform them that their manager did not get back to us after he sent out a inspector to see the damaged stove, that we informed him about, only to find out that he is no longer in that position at that store. I really love the appliances that we have purchased from Sears and we have this one compliant and would like to have a new stove that we paid full price for instead of this damaged stove that someone else might have ordered and we got instead.

I would really like to be acknowledged about this instead of being told that they will have to investigate this and then never getting called back, it is like being nonexistent, and unimportant.

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, May 01, 2013

Dear Marie Jungroth,
    We apologize for the troubles you been having with your stove and the repair of the same. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would like to look into this further and provide you any necessary assistance in getting this issue resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Marie Jungroth), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.
    Social Media Moderator
    Social Media Support Team

Comments

• Du
      6th of Sep, 2012

We purchased replacement windows from sears with a "lifetime"warranty. The windows cost $5700. At the time of the sale we were told that if a window failed, or got broken, they would ship a new window at NO COST. I would be required to pay for instillation unless it was a removable section. The seal failed in a removable section causing the inside of the double pane to cloud over. I called Sears--I was told it'd be $100 to come out and check the window and that I would have to pick up the replacement window AT THE FACTORY, whatever state that may be in--or country. Needless to say, our new siding wasn't from Sears, nor the front door and attic insulation. Sears will not honor warranties--period! Useless to talk to them

• Ca
      6th of Sep, 2012

It look like your husband is a very stupid person for not inspecting the stove while the delivery people was there.

• Al
      25th of Apr, 2013

It looks like the people at Sears are even more stupid for not installing the stove properly like they were supposed to. It wasn't the husbands job to inspect anything. When you purchase something, you should be able to trust the company you purchased it from.