Sears / Lawn Mower 88921 / warranty scam!

Portales, NM, United States
The information on the Sears site shows that the Sears mower #88921 has a 3 year warranty however the documents included with the mower shows that Sears only gives a 2 year warranty. The mower shows up on the Cub Cadet site (I think they make this mower) and the MSP is only $499 with a 3 year warranty. Why is the Sears mower $599 (on sale for $499) and only a 2 year warranty and come to find out to get a 3 year warranty you have to pay an additional $99. I live over 20 miles from my Sears store, so when I got home and pulled out the instructions I found out that the warranty was only 2 years instead of 3 years and that it did not have a blade brake, both items that I asked the sales people. After calling the Sears store back the next day the sales person said that was the way it was and if I wanted more warranty I would have to pay for it. I told him I didn’t want the mower and drove back to Sears store (40 miles round trip, 1 and ½ hours trip) and returned the mower.

Do I think it is a good machine; I don’t know I never put oil or gas in the mower. It looks like a great machine; I guess I will never know. If you should have a Cub Cadet store close by I would buy the mower there for the additional warranty and the cheaper price if it isn’t on sale, if you don’t like me then I guess you are out of luck.

I have never been treated this way at Sears but I guess this is the new Sears that is only concerned about sales.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands