Sears Kenmore Elite Washer / washing machine is a lemon!!

1 Covington, TN, United States

I bought a top of the line Sears Kenmore Oasis washer and dryer 7-31-06 and paid cash $#1684.64. We have had nothing but trouble!
First, on December 17, 2007, the washer was splashing water over the basket because it needed a sub-tub ring. Sears Repair in Memphis sent out two repair men. They said, "Yep, you need a tub ring. I will order it." After a week or so, another repair man came to install it and the wrong part had been ordered. He ordered the right part and we had another wait. In all, I was without a washer for 3 weeks. Finally, in January we hired another repair man to put the tub-ring in.

Then shortly after that, the washer would start into the spin cycle and would beat and bang and walk and get out of balance. Another repair man. He charged $45 and found nothing. Time passed. Another repair man. He said the transmission is shot! It will cost $400 plus his fee to repair it and I would still have a lemon on my hands.

It is my belief that Sears should stand behind their products and try to protect their name. It is my belief that I am DUE A NEW WASHER!! It is my belief that I am calling Channel 3 and 5 TV stations in Memphis to have them investigate this rip-off. We work hard for our money and have always trusted the Sears name. No more!! I will never buy from Sears again.

I insist this email be given to a supervisor in charge of complaints because the TV station will be asking questions.!!

Betty Burross