Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis

Posted:

rust and peeling enamel

Milford, Connecticut
I have a kenmore elite washing machine that is only 3 years old. The inside of the washing machine is rusting and the enamel is peeling off. The 1 year warranty is expired . Has anyone else experienced this . What can I do to resolve this issue.
Complaint comments Comments (44) Complaint country United States Complaint category Dry Cleaners & Laundry

Comments

N  6th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
Kenmore Elite washer: complained about rust 1st year. Technician came out and said it was moisture. However, the only rust shows up around bleach dispenser. You wonder why Sears is going out of business. No integrity. Sears of yesteryear would have taken care of its customers. I even purchased the extended warranty like a fool.
N  4th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
Hi, my name is Karell, I bought a Kenmore Elite washer about 5 years ago. My washer started to rust out about a year after I purchased it. I didn't know what to do about it I did have a recall on this washer, an issue with the spin cycle . I'm including pictures with this email, they say they don't make things the way they use to, how I agree with that!
I'm tempted to call the media on this matter, it's ridiculous this is happening and no one is putting it out there for other consumers!

N  6th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
I am having the same issues with rust. My washer was purchased in 2013. Not only does it have rust, but I can't seem to get rid of a foul odor it emits. On top of that, if leaves black speckles...I believe it's mold. I have taken the washer apart, washed every last part including the inside and outside of the tub, etc. and it still leaves black chips of mold on the clothes. Lastly, it has begun vibrating and making loud sounds during the spin cycle. Sears Repair Service is worthless. It took them 3 weeks to get a technician to my house and then he didn't know what he was doing. He did a software upgrade (as part of the recall) but then when the software update didn't fix it, he said that I would have to pay out of pocket to fix the vibrating problem - that it was likely the motor that would cost upwards of $500. I told him I could buy a new washer for that price. He then tried to sell me an extended warranty for $149. I told him I needed to do some research on this (I planned on calling my dad who is a retired Sears Service Tech but doesn't live nearby). He then had the nerve to say that if I didn't purchase the warranty today, he wouldn't get paid the commission. I almost threw him out on his ***. I told him that it's no wonder Sears is going out of business.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree