[Resolved] Sears / kenmore dishwasher

This dishwasher was purchased new in 2007. Along with a built in microwave and stove. I have had nothing but problems with all three kenmore appliances. But the dishwasher in question, I have had to pay sears to come out and repair 4 times. And once again, it is not working properly. There is always a problem with sealers or the main switchboard or the hand/latch system. You name it! So the last time I had a problem with the dishwasher, approximately 1 1/2 yrs ago, I was urged by the Sears phone representative to purchase the lifetime protection warranty for an additional cost. So that if there were any problems in the future, at least I would not have to pay for them. I purchased the extra warranty at that time
So today I called to make yet another appointment, and the representative said that my warranty had expired. She stated that it was only good for one year and asked if I wanted to purchase another one. I attempted to explain to her that I had purchased a lifetime warranty, and she stated that the option doesn't exist. So basically, the other sales person lied to me!!!
I am a single mother of 3 children under the age of 7. I expect just as anyone else should, that when I buy a sears appliance it should:
A. Work for more than 2 yrs without encountering problems
B. Sears support should back up their products ( or don't sell such poorly manufactured ones)
C. Not send sales reps to rip off their customers.

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Mar 27, 2012

Hi Discouraged76225,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment and frustration you've encountered with your dishwasher. My name is Scott and I'm part of the Sears Cares Social Media Support Team. We came across your post here and wanted to establish contact with you. We understand how difficult it is to be without the appliances we have come to depend on. Sears does not manufacture the appliances we sell. Most appliances have a limited 1 year manufacturer's warranty, while others have warranties that can last for two or more years for parts. Beyond the manufacturer's warranty, Sears does have protection agreement warranties available for purchase, much like purchasing an extended automobile warranty. If an extended warranty is not purchased, parts & labor costs would be a customer's responsibility. We'd be happy to look into this for you and speak with you regarding your dishwasher. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number). Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Discouraged76225) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Scott J.