Sears Home Warranty / dishwasher

FL, US Review updated:

I have a Sears Home warranty for 3 years. This year I made a claim to repair a broken dishwasher less than one year old. The service tech came and ordered a part to fix the broken arm in the dishwasher and we paid our $75 deductible via check. He never called, the part was never ordered. A new tech called and said he would order the part. He dropped it. I made at least 9 calls to Sears to resolve and was given numerous stories. Each one claimed it would be resolved and I would get a call back. We NEVER received a call back from Sears. Finally I called to cancel the warranty and was advised I have to pay a cancellation fee. I am currently disputing the charges through the credit card company as well. SERVICES WERE NEVER RENDERED. The Dishwasher part is still broken and we NEVER received a new one. We pay $39.99/month for this warranty. THIS IS A SCAM!

• Updated by ReallyNot happy, Nov 15, 2017

This service call started in mid-August 2017. It is ongoing now for 3 months.

Re
Nov 15, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 15, 2017

With a dishwasher less than a year old, you should likely be able to have it covered under manufacturer's warranty. Is there a reason you were trying to have it covered through this home warranty?