Sears Home Improvement / window installation

1 United States

Listen to my words...Don't buy windows from Sears. The windows themselves, Simonton, are a great product. The installation/final product of the craftsmanship that I expierenced was poor. The guys that did the work seemed nice, but they are under pressure to install and get out. In my case they drove from Sacramento area at 2:00 a.m. arrived in Eureka, at 8:00 a.m and 'installed' 12 windows by 4:00 p.m...Four of the windows were done well, the others were done poorly, each window installation progressively worse as the day went on. Specifically, there was splintered wood and crow-bar marks left on the inside casings of 5 of the windows. I had to get supplementary help to finish the job. Sent pictures to the Project Coordinator...you know what, they don't really care, and once you complain at all, forget getting in contact again. The Project Coordinator did say he would send someone back in a week, but the point is, you have to feel kind of ripped off and even emabarrased that you got taken for the, "a job you will be proud to show off" lure they present.
Oh yea...the famous Warranty dosen't cover labor...ask the sales pimp about that if you are dumb enough to call them.
I'm not trying to get anything more out of Sears, I'm a teacher, and have nothing at all to do with any window company. Sears is easy, but some foot work and research will save you considerable money and embarrasment, and I have the pictures to prove it.