[Resolved] Sears Holding Corporation — multiple unauthorized charges to paypal account
I placed an order totaling $219.37 from Sears.com on 10/07/2011 via PayPal. My bank account was charged that amount but some of the merchandise was cancelled for delivery by Sears. I should have been refunded the remaining balance. Instead Sears put in another transaction to my bank account for $83.83, the amount of the available merchandise. Then yet another transaction is pending for $28.98, also from Sears. They tried to charge another $106.00 to my account but PayPal finally had the sense to decline payment. I received a portion of my original order today. The slip shows $83.83 worth of merchandise. The rest of the order was cancelled by Sears. They claimed part of the order was declined due to "credit"; which makes no sense, there was only one order. As of today, my account has been charged $303.20 for $83.83 worth of merchandise. I have not gotten a satisfactory answer from Sears. They claim the total charge will be $83.83 and I will be refunded the original order amount of $219.37 yet there is still another charge pending against my checking account for $28.98. This new charge will be processed on Tuesday 10/11/2011 and will bring the total amount charged to my account to $332.18. Sears has accessed my checking account via PayPal for a total of three (3) occasions for a single purchase that was paid in full at the time of the order.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
Kenmore Customer Care's Response · Oct 13, 2011
tired of corporate games,
I'm so sorry that this has not been resolved yet. It makes sense that you would be posting here and I can't blame you for being upset. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and we'd like to help. We'd like to assign you a dedicated case manager that will ensure that you receive the refund you are entitled to as well as make sure any other concerns you may have with Sears are resolved. Please email [protected]@searshc.com with your contact information and a case manager will contact you to assist. In your email, please be sure to include the screen name you used to post to this site (tired of corporate games) so we can reference your case. Again, I apologize and we do look forward to hearing from you.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support
More Sears Holding Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund