Sears / do not trust them

1 High Point, NC, United States Review updated:

Brand new heat pump installed by Sears on Friday is not working. Men from their subcontractor, Triad Heating and Air left at 3:30 on Friday without turning air back on and said they would be back Monday to finish the job. It is the middle of July and in the 90's. They also left all the old equipment sitting out in the middle of my back yard. I called and complained. The owner of Triad came and supposedly turned the air on. It is NOT WORKING as it has been running for 2 days set at 70 and will not cool below 79 although the unit runs constantly costing me who knows how much. I have been on the phone numerous times with the saleman from Sears who says he is not authorized to do anything about this. He says they have no control over the subcontractors.

This unit is either faulty or the installation is faulty or both. Sears says they offer a money back guarantee. I am hoping to get my money back and get everything restored back to the way it was before I ever let them in my house.

I do not recommend doing business with Sears. I won't again.

Va

Comments

• Ih
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I used to work at that store from your city your problem is one of 1000's. Sears Is a horrible company, it is ran poorly, their associates are not trained well due to the management is not trained well and they company is ran like its going broke, the management at your location are ###s and unethical. they tell you what they think sounds right. Their web site is full of bugs and problems. I watched promotion prices not really being promotions, they manipulate their prices to look like sales when they actually are not. Compare the modles of electronics they sale to their compitions modles. They sell cheaper modles at prices their competition sells better modles. Watch how they use sale prices to get you to sign up for a card that is financed by citi financial they suck as a company too look at the complains for them on here. If you knew half what I knew from the inside of that company you would stay away..

pardon my french but [censored] Sears