[Resolved] Sears / gas grill

shelton ct, United States Review updated:

My gas grill is two years old. It has so much rust and decay, it is rediculous. The whole floor of the grill has rotted away and broken apart. The burners have rotted and broken apart from each other. I always keep my grill covered with a sears grill cover. I owned a Charmglow gas grill before this, and it lasted 30 years! What a waste of money for my sears grill. I called Sears after the first year to complain. They told me that I should have brought the grill inside after each use. Really/? Who has a space to do that .
I will buy a weber grill next week.

• Resolution statement

• SearsCare's Response, Apr 16, 2014

Pjd141,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We appreciate you taking to the time to let us know about this. We are sorry for the mishaps you have encountered with your grill. We would be happy to have a case manager to contact and discuss your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (pjd141), phone # used at time of purchase to [protected]@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Pj
Apr 13, 2014

Comments

• Lo
      14th of Apr, 2014

It will rust too. Unless you drop a couple grand into a really good quality stainless steel unit, it will rust if left outside. If you live in a humid climate even the garage won't do. It needs to be in a climate controlled environment. Sorry for the bad news!

• Nr
      25th of Mar, 2016

I too have a Sears Grill model 148.16154211 Serial Number 27007664 and it has been the biggest waste of money I've had in a long time. This grill immediately started giving me problems. The ignition system went intermittent after 3 months and has been flaky ever since. I have to use a lighter to get the grill going. The bottom of the grill has completely rusted out and is dangerous and if there's every any grease at all, it catches fire and shoots out the bottom and back of the grill. I bought Sears because I thought the quality would be outstanding as it has been in the past but that is not the case here. The best use for this grill is to drop it in a pond and give the fish a new home. I'd return this thing in a heartbeat if I could get my money back. This was a $300+ waste.