Sears Customer Service / customer service
I don't know where to begin, except to say that your customer service department for tv repair services are the most incompetent people I have ever encountered. Four (4) weeks ago I contacted sears to come in and find out what was wrong with my lg lcd flat panel tv. Your technician said it could be one of two things (Or both) — a bad power supply board or the main board. He ordered the two parts and asked for my credit card. I gave him my amex card and was charged $969.13 total for parts and labor - assuming, of course, that this would not be put on my amex until the tv was repaired.
I received two (2) boxes - assuming they contained the 2 parts needed. As instructed, I called your service department, told them I had the parts, and they sent out a technical to begin repair. Surpise! Your supplier sent two of the same part - the main board - no power supply which was needed. The technician couldn't do anything that day and advised me that the part I needed was back ordered until 2/5. This is where the nightmare begins.
The very next day (1/29 or 1/30) your customer service department called me to schedule a technician to come in to repair my tv. Of course that was not possible seeing as I didn't have the part!!! Not only did your cs dept. Call once that day, but called two more times and three times the next day to schedule an appointment. How stupid and inept is this? That's only the beginning! On the 5th of february I called to see if the back-ordered part came in. Your cs dept said they would check with the parts dept. And someone from there would call me back. Never received a return call. On the 8th (Monday) I called again and was disconnected twice! Again I was told someone from parts would call me. Did not happen!
Please bear in mind that each time someone from sears called me, I had to repeat the same information about the appt., the part, my address, phone number, problem, etc., etc.
I called again today - the 9th of february - and was told the part expected to ship on march 1st - over one month later than expected. I went on line and found the part myself and ordered it.
The worst part is my amex card was charged on 1/28 for the full amount. I disputed this charge in lieu of the fact that I did not receive the required parts, nor did I receive the service I was charged for. Please, please do something about your customer service department. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing there!
More Sears Customer Service Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund